This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applicants from North America Eastern time zones only at this time.
As a Senior FullStack Engineer in the Observability Metrics squad you will play a vital role in the development of our core metrics Datasources, such as Prometheus. Our goals include building new query experiences, improving and maintaining our existing datasources, supporting customers, and also building more robust development and testing strategies.
Data source plugins we own:
- Prometheus, InfluxDB, Graphite, and OpenTSDB.
A typical “day in the life” could include:
- Implementing core workflow changes to make it easier for users to view and dig into their metrics.
- Innovating our plugin system to allow for enhanced capabilities.
- Coming up with suggestions for process improvements.
- Providing technical support in customer escalations.
- Regularly sharing ideas and knowledge across a vast array of technical ideologies and mindsets.
What we are looking for:
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind and respectful. We value autonomy and enabling decisions over committees and red tape. We are a distributed team, working remotely, on a product that will be used by engineers all over the world – the ability to work on your own, and ship working code is crucial.
- You have at least a couple of years of experience as a Full-stack developer.
- You have a good understanding of a software development process that takes a user-centered approach.
- You easily build an understanding of the users’ context and goals which will help you build the right solution that brings the biggest value to them.
- You know how to transform ideas into working code – you are able to design a solution, get feedback, and write a prototype by yourself.
- You are a self-driven individual who understands the power of feedback loops in making roadmap decisions and driving our product forward.
- You are able to communicate the design decisions clearly in written and spoken English.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You have an active interest in the three observability pillars and how they come together to build a powerful workflow
You'll have experience in some or all of the following:
- React, Redux, and RxJS and Typescript
- Testing frameworks like; jest, react-testing-library, and cypress
- Docker, Kubernetes
In the United States, the Base (OTE for commission positions) compensation range for this role is $148,000 - $170,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.