Percona Managed Services is a world-class, elite team of database engineers passionate about tackling the world's most complex database environments. We excel technically and continuously strive to improve and optimize our customers' environments. Our technical expertise, combined with our Service Delivery Managers' ability to translate technical language into practical solutions, creates a powerful synergy for solving complex business problems.
Our customers rely on our expertise daily, setting high expectations for us to meet and exceed. At Percona, we emphasize a culture of high performance and continuous improvement, particularly in Managed Services. As a manager in this department, it's crucial to maintain and enhance this culture. This role involves leading a high-performing team, gaining their trust, and maximizing their exceptional talents.
What You Will Do
- You will lead a diverse and talented group of DBAs, fostering a high-performing team culture that balances hard work with camaraderie. Your role involves guiding the team to excel and encouraging their growth as a coach, mentor, and teammate.
- As the manager of a globally diverse and multicultural team, your primary focus will be maintaining our high service standards. This includes recruiting individuals who align with our culture, building strong relationships with customers to understand their needs, and continually seeking ways to enhance your team's performance – both as a unit and as individual contributors in serving our customers.
- This remote position is based in the US region, working with our global distribution of Perconians in the APAC, EMEA, and the Americas. It requires a stable high-speed internet connection.
What You Have Done
- At least 5 years of experience in people management and leadership, servicing external customers.
- Experience in managing technical teams, preferably in customer-facing support environments.
- Skilled in process improvement and organizational change management.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of service delivery.
- Superior customer service skills with a commitment to ensuring customer success.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving, with the ability to create and execute detailed plans.
- Versatility in discussing both low-level technical details and high-level strategy.
- Capable of quickly identifying and resolving complex problems.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial mindset.
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Proven ability to mentor and develop people.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management, including stakeholder engagement and driving initiatives to the finish line.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote setting.
- Clear, professional communication, maintaining confidence under pressure.
- Flexibility and availability for escalation purposes.
- Solution-driven and opennes to trying new methods and adjusting processes to enhance customer interactions and technical delivery.
- Influential presence capable of positively impacting fellow team members, regardless of direct reporting lines.
- Familiarity with Open Source principles, its community, and mindset.
- Remote Work Freedom: Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world!
- Global Talent and Diversity: With top talent sourced globally, you will enjoy an international and culturally diverse team
- Flexible Working Hours: Flexibility in your working hours means you can prioritize your personal life, pursue hobbies, volunteer, and stay active
- Our internal programs include groups like:
- - The Percona Adventure Team: This team embarks on unforgettable journeys to breath-taking locations around the world for activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, white water rafting and more.
- - Women Transforming Technology: A grassroots program committed to building a supportive community of women in technology. Their goals are to connect, empower and inspire women in all areas and levels of the organization.
- - Flow days: Fridays at Percona are for focusing on finding your workflow. Meetings and distractions are limited on Fridays so you can focus on getting things done.
- - FryDays: With Percona being so globally dispersed there are not many holidays that overlap for everyone. FryDays are four Fridays each year where everyone at Percona can unplug and enjoy the same 3-day weekend.
- To apply for this position, please submit your application form. Due to the large number of applicants, we ask that you also answer some work-related background questions. If you have any other doubts, feel free to contact Silvia Gudino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open-source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and MariaDB to open-source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 300 people in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly engaged culture where your ideas are welcome, and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences, and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely, and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.