As the Head of Community, you will inspire and grow an incredible community of Percona software users and contributors, making their every interaction with databases an empowering experience. Your leadership will bring Percona into new communities of application developers and DevOps/SRE personas, significantly impacting the company’s overall reach.
What You Will Do:
Key responsibilities fall into two main categories:
- Develop a team and strategy to support users, evangelists, students, and open-source projects
- Focus on enabling and supporting others in writing blogs, giving talks, and contributing to Percona software
- Lead a team that drives speaking and content creation/distribution
- Building Percona’s thought leadership in open databases
- Starting conversations about Percona as the leading cloud- and database-agnostic player
- Increasing Percona excitement among application developers, SREs, and DBAs
- Enabling recruiting
- Community Growth
- Engagement Growth
- Content Creation
- User Satisfaction Measurement & Improvement
- External Advocacy Growth
- Create an Event Participation Program
- Create Knowledge Sharing Program
- Create Feedback Program
What You Have Done:
- Technical evangelism — you know how to grow brand and adoption through content
- Community management — you know how to enable and accelerate a community
- Management experience — you know how to manage people, lead a team, define a strategy and execute it
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Significant experience working with databases
- Significant experience with open-source ecosystems
This role requires consistent availability during overlap hours between the Americas and EMEA, with a global team that currently spans North America, South America, Europe, and Africa. Expected travel is in the 10% -30 % range, based in part upon the speaking strategy you create for the community team.
Percona is a highly respected thought leader in the global open-source community. Our mission is to Keep Open Source Open. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed – we have colleagues in more than 40 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits, including flexible work hours and all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan. If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a go-to in the open-source database space, let’s talk.