We’re looking for a talented Principal Architect
to join us at Percona
! We want you to play a pivotal role in our new team, and pave the way in shaping the architecture and design of our cutting-edge Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. Do you thrive in the electric buzz of a startup ethos? This opportunity is your ticket to a fresh frontier within Percona, a pioneering team crafting novel solutions for our customers. So, if you're ready to dive into the heartbeat of an innovative, high-performance team, your search ends right here!
As a Principal Architect, you will be instrumental in architecting and leading the development of our SaaS platform, ensuring scalability, security, and high performance. You will collaborate with team members, to create a robust and flexible architecture that meets the unique demands of the modern database market. You will spend as much time identifying problems to solve as you will building potential solutions to those problems.
What You Will Do:
- Have a strong foundation in problem solving and experimentation (i.e. participating and collaborating in the creative process, generating solution ideas, fast-prototyping those ideas, conducting tests, evaluating results, and iterating over and over).
- Design, prototype and implement a scalable, reliable, and high-performance SaaS architecture, considering factors such as data security, compliance, and ease of use.
- Conduct thorough evaluations of emerging technologies, tools, and frameworks to identify and integrate the most suitable solutions into the platform.
- Work and collaborate closely with software engineers, product management, product marketing and database experts to ensure seamless integration of architectural components and facilitate efficient development processes.
- Develop strategies for scaling the SaaS platform to accommodate increasing user loads while maintaining optimal performance. Implement best practices for data management and optimization.
- Implement robust security measures to protect sensitive data, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations. Stay abreast of security trends and proactively address potential vulnerabilities.
- Create comprehensive technical documentation for the SaaS platform, including architecture diagrams, system workflows, and deployment procedures.
- Drive innovation by exploring new technologies, methodologies, and industry best practices. Propose and implement improvements to enhance the platform's functionality and user experience.
- Mentor, lead, and grow other engineers.
What You Have Done:
- Proven experience in both designing and building out SaaS architectures.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud computing, microservices architecture, and containerization and telemetry.
- Experience with the Secure Software Development Framework.
- Experience in client/server topology & agent creation.
- Strong expertise in designing and implementing scalable, secure, and high-performance systems.
- Familiarity with industry standards, compliance requirements, and data security best practices.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, or Go.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
What will make you stand out:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience creating a SaaS product from the ground up.
- Pride and ownership of meeting expectations.
- Adaptable, resourceful, able to work within ambiguity.
- Self-directed and highly organized.
At Percona, we believe an open world is a better world. Our mission is to enable everyone to innovate freely, by providing the best open source database software, support, and services. We make databases and applications run better through a unique combination of expertise and open source software built with the community for you. Our technical teams are experts in MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and MariaDB.
Percona is proud to be a remote-only and globally dispersed workforce – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and various paid time off programs, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences), ongoing connectivity allowances, and the opportunity to participate in our equity incentive plan. We also have benefits that support a healthy work/life balance such as The Percona Adventure Team, Work-from-Anywhere, FlowDays, FryDays, and overall flexibility. We also support being socially responsible through our PAVE volunteering program and Women Transforming Technology.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a leader in the open-source database space, let’s talk!
Connect with us and stay up to date on our latest news and developments by following us on LinkedIn
. We look forward to connecting with you!