Description of Duties
Technical marketing exists to evangelize our products to both technical and non technical audiences by expressing the technical capabilities of the product as values to our target audiences. As a Sr. Technical Marketing Manager at Grafana Labs, you understand our customers, our community, the problems they face, and how Grafana Labs can solve those for them. You're just as happy talking to and teaching others, as you are heads down learning and using the technology. You will work closely with our marketing, engineering, product, business development, sales team, and partners. You will be responsible for technical marketing content and representing Grafana Labs as a technical evangelist at key trade shows and customer meetings.
- Teach our audiences about Grafana Labs observability approach and how it can be valuable to them, introducing them to new concepts which can help them achieve their goals.
- Produce technical content such as demos, videos, workshops, tutorials, technical white papers, conference presentations, webinars, sales enablement content.
- Create, roll out, and maintain technical content such as demos, videos, workshops, tutorials, blogs, and whitepapers to connect Grafana Lab’s capabilities to user and customer needs.
- Represent Grafana Labs at customer engagements such as with sales enablement, at conferences, and at community and customer meetups.
- Provide technical guidance and own demonstrations for analyst report submissions and briefings.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience (product marketing, product management, solutions engineering, or similar)
- Experience with marketing and selling products/services to a technical audience
- Technical background in or good understanding of observability
- The ability to take on complex projects and own them from start to finish, with organization and efficiency
- Comfort working with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders in complicated processes
- Have exceptional writing and communication skills
- A high say-do ratio in executing and delivering impact
In the United States, the OTE compensation range for this role is $175,000 - 211,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.