In this role, you will work with our global customers, staff, and delivery partners. You will lead and manage our Project Management and Global Services Operations Teams. Functions across these teams include project management (both customer-facing Professional Services engagements and company-wide internal initiatives), operations coordination for PS projects, and customer service across our subscription customer base. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and leaders to drive process improvement opportunities and project execution.
This position will be based in the Americas.
What You Will Do:
- Provide guidance and leadership across the project management portfolio to continue driving company-wide adoption of best practices across new product introductions
- Translate organizational vision and initiatives into executable goals and objectives
- Create, document, implement, and evolve processes and best practices that are standardized, adopted, and executed consistently
- Team up with other leaders to inform and create strategies, standards, and effective collaboration across the organization to continue evolving and improving processes
- Track and analyze departmental performance metrics to assess trends and evaluate improvement opportunities
- Actively manage and monitor professional services backlog ensuring complete portfolio coverage
- Lead engagement with the ServiceNow development team for necessary enhancement requirements across ServiceNow functionality for the team
- Help manage customer escalations, coordinating with customers and Percona stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, senior leadership, etc.)
- Partner with Solutions Engineering to review and revise project statements of work, and participate in pre-sales calls as necessary
- Evaluate and monitor resourcing capacity and utilization across the teams you actively manage
- Evaluate project management tooling for improvement opportunities
- Understand Percona’s pricing model and services costs associated with each project
- Ensure our team members are valued, empowered, and engaged
- You've spent 5+ years working as a project manager, leading a project management team, or managing business operations
- 3+ years of management experience, preferably in a remote working environment
- 3+ years of experience as a project manager, preferably within a software company or Professional Service delivery environment
- You have a strong understanding of analyzing key financial metrics required for evaluating performance and improvement opportunities
- You’ve built strong relationships with customers and other leaders across organizations
- You’ve developed the ability to understand and manage the nuances associated with operating globally distributed teams and business operations
- You’ve developed strong business acumen - in particular:
- Ability to make sense out of complex and ambiguous situations
- Ability to understand how business decisions affect financial outcomes
- Awareness of the implications of a choice for all affected parties
- Developed excellent written and verbal communication skills - you know how to negotiate, as well as communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Developed organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated your ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Previous experience working with remote teams across multiple geographies and cultures
- Experience project managing and/or leading project managers focused on internal initiatives for new product introduction
- Experience with Professional Services, Support, and/or Managed Services delivery
- Experience preparing departmental metrics, KPIs, and financial analysis and reporting People and business management experience in a SaaS environment
- Familiarity with software and/or database development methodologies
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Open source database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MariaDBContainer technologies, especially Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience working cross-functionally on financial requirements and annual budget creation for a services delivery organization
- Experience leading diverse consulting engagements or customer transitions and transformations including third-party vendors, internal, and customer resources
- Proficiency in tools such as ServiceNow, GoogleDocs, SalesForce, and Notion
At Percona, we believe an open world is a better world. Our mission is to enable everyone to innovate freely, by providing the best open source database software, support, and services. We make databases and applications run better through a unique combination of expertise and open source software built with the community for you. Our technical teams are experts in MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and MariaDB.
Percona is proud to be a remote-only and globally dispersed workforce – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and various paid time off programs, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences), ongoing connectivity allowances, and the opportunity to participate in our equity incentive plan. We also have benefits that support a healthy work/life balance such as The Percona Adventure Team, Work-from-Anywhere, FlowDays, FryDays, and overall flexibility. We also support being socially responsible through our PAVE volunteering program and Women Transforming Technology.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a leader in the open-source database space, let’s talk!
Connect with us and stay up to date on our latest news and developments by following us on LinkedIn
. We look forward to connecting with you!