Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
We are looking for team members who want to help us change the way the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager, and most recently the Nexus Lifecycle product suite – truly changing the way the world crafts and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development, to help companies build better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
Who you are and what you'll be doing:
- You are an experienced software engineer who enjoys working across various applications and technologies rather than one large, monolithic stack.
- You have foundational knowledge in software engineering and would like to expand your skillset in quality, testing, debugging, design, and security.
- You enjoy learning and playing with many different programming languages and technologies.
- You thrive when allowed to figure things out and discover how things work.
- You work well in a research environment.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- You have 2+ years of Java or Kotlin.
- You have experience with parsers, compilers, interpreters, or static analysis tools.
- Work experience with graph databases or are familiar with graph theoretic concepts.
- You effectively manage time and priority in an Agile remote work environment.
- You know cloud and SaaS services (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
What we offer:
- Full time, permanent, remote employment with a Colombian entity
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Group Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off, can be used immediately, after 3 years PTO will be 20 days and after 6 PTO increases to 25 days.
- Parental Leave, up to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for birthing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Corporate Wellness Week - all company employees are given an extra paid week off
- 18 company sponsored holidays and 15 days off per calendar year for vacation
- Access to e-learning opportunities through various programs as well as a biweekly improvement day to work on projects or skills.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have offices in Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we are remote first and always have been. We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company, keep information flowing day to day, and meet face-to-face on a targeted basis at organization and team meetups.
Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for improving how the world develops software, Sonatype is the right place for you.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.