Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
Mattermost is seeking an engineer with demonstrated experience in building performant React Native applications, and the breadth to develop across the entire Mattermost stack including server, web app, and mobile.
The person in this role will join a fast-paced, flexible full stack team responsible for developing and delivering impactful features and systems that empower collaboration for the world’s most critical organizations. Do you have a passion for developing high-performance applications? Do you want to work with a well-oiled, collaborative, and highly senior team? Do you want to make an impact on open source? Help us build and grow one of the largest React and Go open source projects. This role requires U.S. based staff.
- Participate in full lifecycle development
- Work closely with product managers and UI/UX designers to analyze requirements
- Develop technical specifications based on the product vision
- Develop and performance tune mobile front-end features using React Native
- Develop web applications features using React, Redux and Typescript
- Develop backend supporting APIs, business logic, database services using Golang
- Help drive the architecture of the Mattermost Application
- Maintain and improve existing codebases
- Review peer code changes and consult with colleagues regarding technical issues
- Investigate new technologies when relevant
- Enhance existing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement
- Make recommendations for design and implementation improvements
- Create automated unit and end-to-end test scenarios
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 5+ years of full stack software engineering experience
- Strong skills in React Native
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Ability to work independently in a remote, asynchronous team environment
- Ability to manage cross-team coordination and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Previous experience working in or contributing to open source preferred
- Experience with mobile development
Mattermost is an EEO Employer. We are a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!