Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report and rated a leader by the analyst community. Acquia’s India office is a Great Place to Work certified organization. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join an innovation team focused on advancing products throughout Acquia with AI-driven features and functionality and building powerful connections between applications to enhance the value of the overall digital experience platform (DXP). We thrive on innovation, collaboration, and an agile mindset and processes. An ability to quickly prototype, learn, and iterate on concepts is essential for this role.
Our competitive market landscape drives us to adopt technologies that allow for high developer involvement and productivity, as well as instant feedback loops. Technologies and tools include React, GitHub, Java, Gradle, Groovy, MySQL, Snowflake, Docker, AWS, Slack, and JIRA, just to name a few.
- Contribute working code, documentation, and automated tests that deliver on Sprint goals
- Participate in experimentation and prototype building in a collaborative environment, iterating on concepts based on feedback
- Work closely with the data team to ensure the appropriate data is available and usable and can serve the appropriate machine learning, application, and service needs
- Build connectors between APIs powered by different tech stacks
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Data teams as needed to ensure the systems and architecture being built support roadmap, consistency, and platform R&D goals
- Work with your team to scope applications and services appropriately and ensure the supporting architecture serves to achieve our long term architectural and financial goals.
- Contribute as needed to the core architectural platform and libraries used by all teams in the interest of the stability, robustness, cost effectiveness, and performance of consuming applications and services.
- Work with Engineering leadership to design and document a technical vision for the team that will produce stable, driven products in the marketplace.
- Encourage a culture of observability by ensuring logging and monitoring of applications and services is being configured appropriately to provide visibility into system performance consistent with SLIs/SLOs/SLAs and enable effective troubleshooting
- Address security vulnerabilities as needed
- Work with your team to understand and implement R&D Standards.
- Review code as needed based on risk/scope and provide feedback and guidance to ensure it aligns with our technical standards and security requirements.
- Mentor and train other team members on important technical topics through team meetings, pair programming, lunch 'n learns, etc. as needed.
- Collaborate with the architecture team to ensure the platform we are building is consistent with the overarching architectural goals at Acquia
- Ensure software systems follow contractual RTO and RPO requirements
- An ability to drive desired customer outcomes by learning and seeing the problems being solved.
You will be successful if you:
- Are a continuous learner who is able learn through online trainings, books and podcasts as the AI landscape is rapidly evolving
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Balance critical thinking with creative problem-solving
- Make informed decisions, balancing quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- 8+ years of proven experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of Java and SQL
- Experience writing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Git
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience working with data and machine learning
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (i.e. Jenkins)
- Strong working knowledge of at least one cloud platform and its related technologies
- Experience in application analysis and design
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly and become productive in their use
- Working knowledge of software design principles and programming languages and frameworks in use
- Strong knowledge of software development security principles, concepts and best practices
- Strong knowledge of web application security concepts and practices
What gives you an edge?
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience working with Snowflake
- Strong understanding of software architecture and the tradeoffs between different architectural patterns
- Experience running applications in a kubernetes environment
- Experience writing SaaS applications in a distributed microservice ecosystem
- Experience working with Elasticsearch or other NoSQL data stores
- Experience working with Gradle
- Experience with Python
- Experience with PHP and Drupal
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.