This is a Full time remote position for the Americas timezones - we can't consider other time zones due to team setup.
What is Grafana?
Grafana software enables you to query, visualize, alert on, and explore your metrics, logs, and traces wherever they are stored. Grafana provides you with tools to turn your data into insightful graphs and visualizations. The Grafana plugin framework also enables you to connect other data sources like databases, ticketing tools, and cloud CI/CD services. Grafana is an open source product with licensed features for enterprise customers. Grafana Labs also operates Grafana Cloud, a SaaS offering that thoughtfully integrates the best-in-breed open source technologies into a curated observability platform, all managed and scaled by the team at Grafana Labs.
Who is Grafana Operator Experience?
Grafana Operator is the team that builds features and operates services used by people who operate grafana. Our customers include open source users, developers, site reliability engineers, large, global enterprises, the leading global cloud service providers, and our very own Grafana Cloud teams.
What will you be doing?
- Earning the trust of our customers to further Grafana’s “big tent” philosophy of data accessibility.
- Leading the development of features for people like you.
- Driving continuous improvement of our engineering culture through word and deed.
- Driving projects from initial ideation to production.
- Contributing to projects that impact the experience of Grafana operators across the organization.
- Owning the experience of our customers by participating in weekday 12h x 5d and separate weekend 24h x 2d on-call rotations.
- Hiring and developing the best engineers to build the future of Grafana.
- Developing your skills as a thought leader to drive continuous improvement of engineering and operational practices across Grafana Labs.
As we are remote-first and our engineering organization, we provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, so an independent attitude and good communication skills are a must.
What are we looking for in you?
- You earn trust by saying what you mean and doing what you say.
- You are customer focused. You start with the customers’ needs and work backwards.
- You take on complex challenges and break them down into digestible problems and leverage your team and organization to deliver.
- You design modular solutions, deliver MVPs, gather data and feedback and then progress iteratively.
- Solid professional experience with at least one programming language in a production distributed system environment. We use Go, but experience with Python, C, C++, Rust or similar languages translates well.
- Experience delivering projects from gathering requirements, brainstorming ideas all the way to shipping a product to the customer’s hands in a self-driven way.
- Professional experience with major cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience writing clean, robust, and performant software that is easily maintained by others.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Kubernetes.
- Some experience using Grafana software or cloud services, regardless of scale. We particularly want to hear about hobby or passion projects where you’ve used Grafana.
- Familiarity with being on-call and managing production operations for business and/or mission critical distributed information systems.
In the United States, the Base (OTE for commission positions) compensation range for this role is $148,000 - $178,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.