Mattermost provides secure, workflow-centric collaboration for technical and operational teams that need to meet nation-state-level security and trust requirements. We serve technology, public sector, national defense, and financial services industries with customers ranging from tech giants to the world’s largest banks, to the U.S. Department of Defense and governmental agencies around the world.
Our self-hosted and cloud offerings provide integrated workflow automation, AI-acceleration, ChatOps with team messaging, audio calling and screen share on an open core platform vetted and deployed by the world’s most secure and mission critical organizations.
We co-build the future of collaboration with over 4,000 open source project contributors who’ve provided over 30,000 code improvements towards our shared product vision, which is translated into 20 languages.
Mattermost is seeking a General Ledger Accountant with experience in corporate finance and accounting. As the General Ledger Accountant, this individual will play a key role in day to day operations, such as reviewing vendor invoices, customer sales orders and daily cash entries. This individual will also play a key role in the month-end close cycles, including reviewing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and financial statement analysis.
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by preparing various journal entries and account reconciliations for cash, prepaids, accruals, inter-company, fixed assets and other various accounts
- Collaborate with other departments and internal stakeholders to obtain transaction information and resolve issues
- Review, investigate, and correct errors & inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Analyze financial information and prepares balance sheet, profit & loss statement and other financial reports to provide explanations relating to variances
- Ensure proper accounting policies and principles are followed in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in collecting appropriate data and in preparing audit & tax information, internal control procedures & policies, and tax returns
- Identify, communicate and execute process improvement initiatives
- Calculate, file and pay sales and use taxes and other taxes as required
- Provide backup support to other accounting team members as needed
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and management inquiries
- BA/BS in Finance and Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years accounting or related experience
- NetSuite, Airbase, Floqast, and Salesforce experience a plus
- Proficient with Excel and Google Sheets
- Software company and experience working with international subsidiaries, including statutory reporting requirements strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and effective problem solving to identify and resolve financial discrepancies
- Technical accounting skills and working knowledge of GAAP principles
- Public accounting experience and/or licensed CPA (or progress towards CPA) preferred but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Thrives in a small team environment and is willing/able to learn and build vs inherit existing, mature processes & systems
Mattermost is an EEO Employer. We are a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!