The Eclipse Foundation is one of the world’s largest open source software foundations, with a proven track record of enabling community-led and industry-ready open source innovation earned over nearly two decades. We host Eclipse ThreadX, Sparkplug, Eclipse IoT, Software Defined Vehicle, Jakarta EE, Eclipse IDE, and over 400 open source projects, including runtimes, tools, specifications, and frameworks for enterprise, cloud, edge, automotive, AI, embedded, IoT, systems engineering, open processor designs, and many others. Supported by over 360 members globally, the Eclipse Foundation has an established international reach and reputation.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you'll spearhead efforts to elevate awareness and adoption of our open source initiatives within the Embedded Real-Time and IoT ecosystem. Collaborating closely with community members, you will shape and execute global business and marketing strategies. We are looking for a candidate with proven software product marketing or product management experience, a knack for community building, and familiarity with open source and embedded/IoT technologies. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, you'll work alongside community and marketing managers for other key Eclipse initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, open-minded, and self-motivated professional who strives for excellence, with a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of technical and business stakeholders and team members. This position requires a global outlook, attention to detail, relationship building, and exceptional project management skills.
Location of Position
This is a fully remote position. The Eclipse Foundation is headquartered in Belgium, with a global team spanning Europe, Canada, and the United States.
- Develop and execute marketing programs to amplify awareness and participation of the Foundation’s Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), Embedded Computing, IoT and other initiatives as needed and according to organisational needs. .
- Define compelling positioning, messaging, and value propositions to drive audience, membership, and community growth around RTOS, IoT and Embedded programs.
- Engage with developers and technical line of business leaders in the RTOS, IoT and Embedded communities to drive understanding of the Eclipse value proposition and ecosystem.
- Work with the community and marketing team to define, implement, and promote programs and create assets that encourage open collaboration within and across the RTOS, Embedded and IoT ecosystems. Assets and programs to include videos, articles, tutorials, webinars, survey reports, and other content as deemed appropriate.
- Serving as the market expert, collaborate with program and community managers and their respective working group steering committees on the development of their annual program plan, and implementation of their prioritised initiatives.
- Actively recruit companies to join working groups and/or sponsor projects.
- Work with the community to coordinate project releases and associated deliverables including website, marketplace, documentation, marketing materials, testimonials and social media content.
- Make data-driven decisions to advance initiatives in the RTOS, Embedded and IoT space, providing measurable results and market insights.
- Create an event plan for the community and coordinate a presence at relevant trade shows.
- Collaborate with Sales, Business Development, and other internal teams to expand contacts in the Foundation’s CRM relevant to the Embedded and IoT markets.
- As required, attend and/or lead Marketing and Brand Committee calls for assigned working groups (e.g., prepare agendas, chair calls, review minutes)
- Identify and engage with industry influencers via social media and enable them to promote Eclipse Foundation IoT and Embedded projects.
- Support press and analyst relations, contributing to press releases and analyst presentations with a specific emphasis on the Embedded Computing and IoT sectors.
- Build close working relationships with companies and individuals within the Embedded Computing and IoT communities.
- Virtually and, when conditions permit, physically attend various Embedded and IoT conferences and events globally to represent the working group and the Foundation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in product marketing and/or product management, with a focus on Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), IoT and Embedded Computing technologies. Previous experience with ThreadX (Microsoft Azure RTOS) is highly desirable.
- Track record of successfully working with developer communities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong alignment with our values: Service, Respect, Collegiality, Professionalism.
- Positive and collaborative disposition.
- Ability to independently drive high-quality work with meticulous attention to detail.
- Dedication to continuous learning and improvement.
- Proficiency in content and inbound marketing strategy and tactics.
- Demonstrated success in engaging and influencing developers and/or technical leaders.
- Knowledge of the Eclipse Foundation and/or other open source communities.
- Experience with social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook).
- Proficiency with marketing automation platforms (e.g., HubSpot).
- Public speaking experience, both in-person and virtual settings.
- Fluent in English with proven proficiency of working in an English business environment.
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about the Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at https://eclipse.org/