Collabora is currently looking for a very technically capable, enthusiastic and passionate Continuous Integration (CI) & Testing Developer to join its ever-growing engineering team.
As a member of the CI & Testing team, your primary focus will be to participate in the development, integration and deployment of Open Source Continuous Integration and Automated Testing systems in upstream projects. The scope of the work ranges from hardware automation through LAVA, to systems like KernelCI and Mesa CI.
- Analyse a project's needs for automated testing and design an implementation plan to discuss with the upstream community and Collabora's customers
- Monitor and identify areas of improvement for existing upstream Continuous Integration systems
- Implement the CI system by integrating the required dependencies, building the code at test, deploying it to the device under testing, executing the tests and distributing and presenting the results
- Represent Collabora at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the open source arena
- Understand client needs and reconcile time constraints, available technologies and resources, and Open Source best practices
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration systems
- Experience with Gitlab CI/CD and/or GitHub Actions
- Experience with Python and Python frameworks such as Django, Flask, FastAPI
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and relevant open source communities
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in a fully distributed environment, completely online
Additional Skills - for some projects, possessing any of these skills can be very helpful
- Familiarity with the upstream Linux kernel development workflow
- Embedded development experience (firmware, bootloaders, kernel, BSP)
- Knowledge about OpenGL and/or Vulkan GPU drivers
- Sysadmin/DevOps experience
Collabora is a software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.