We are currently looking for passionate and enthusiastic Embedded Systems Linux software developers (junior, middle, senior) with Open-Source exposure to join our ever growing geographically-distributed engineering team.
As a member of the Core domain team, you will focus on developing, adapting, integrating, packaging and validating - ("make it work") - multiple Linux system software libraries, bundling applications through containers with appropriate security profiles through Linux application security systems into Linux-based distributions for different customers’ projects and products.
Who are we?
Our raison d’être is to accelerate the adoption of Open Source technologies, methodologies & philosophy. We strive towards this goal by providing consulting services specialized in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. Being part of the Open Source community, we believe in a world of shared knowledge and collaboration for the advancement of humanity and we are always enthusiastic about sharing, teaching and learning with everyone around us.
Our highly technical and talented team, distributed across 25+ geographies all over the world, brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, Linux kernel, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications (low-latency audio/video, audio/video streaming solutions, audio/video editing...).
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and open source communities such as Debian and/or Yoco
- Expertise in Flatpak run-times and integration in Linux distros
- Any track record of experience with direct contributions in the GNU/Linux distributions packaging
- Knowledge of essential libraries and services such as D-Bus and systemd
Great to Haves
- Exposure to GitLab CI, Open Build Service (OBS) and OSTree
- Familiarity with one or more of Collabora's market verticals
- BS/BA or experience in the role of Engineer
Desired Personal Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good English proficiency (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in an online distributed environment