Are you someone who is focused on people and inquisitive by nature? Do you have a passion for managing and developing people while possessing an innate ability to ask questions and build rapport? If so, we want to hear from you.
This role at Collabora is to ensure our people receive a consistently high standard of people leadership, to foster communication and engagement, ensure well-being and best-in-class performance across the business while sustaining our unique culture.
Engaging our people does not fall entirely on your shoulders and requires collaborating with the other key stakeholders in the organization (Project Managers, Account Managers, Technical Sponsor, Technical Leads, and People Operations). You will be in a unique position to understand and implement what it takes to ensure our people feel more supported than ever while working at Collabora.
This role is about:
- Having meaningful and honest conversations with the people you will take care of throughout the year
- Create a trusted relationship, understand what your teammates value and to enable them in achieving this
- Ensure all company communication reaches out to each and every person with all the required context, whilst being objective in communicating all the facts and not your own assumptions
- Strive to create a genuine connection and a sense of belonging within the company
- Handle open and honest conversations to help each and every person understand their strengths and areas of improvements
- Support the engineers personal aspirations and objectives in a way that is aligned to the objectives of the organization
- Understand the performance and development planning process and support your team throughout all stages
- Guide and support the team through regular conversations, tracking progress against objectives, managing performance issues and conducting appraisals
- Making difficult decisions as and when it is required
- Communicate (make sure everyone hears the same story, act as a thermometer for peoples' feelings), engage with people and nurture an inclusive and safe environment, pay attention to peoples' success, well-being and interactions through regular conversations (team meetings, 1:1's etc.)
- Help/coach peoples' career development and professional aspirations through regular Personal Development Plan (PDP) discussions
- Collect helpful and contextual performance feedback from various stakeholders and deliver in a timely, regular and consistent fashion
- Run talent assessment and participate in the pay review cycle
- Serve as an escalation point and report issues to the Engineering People Lead Manager and People Operations (POps) Team as necessary
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders across varying levels of leadership and technical competencies
- Have an understanding and drive to improve and iterate on the employee lifecycle and People Strategy within the business, improving and refining processes, culture and behaviour alongside the Engineering People Lead Manager and POps team
- Manage the new joiners’ onboarding process alongside the POps team and participate in the optimisation of this process
- Capture training needs of the Engineering Team and ensure all the right parties are informed to be able to follow-through on the required steps
- Participate in the people assignment of projects whilst carefully balancing the projects’ needs with the peoples' technical development aspirations
Who are you?
- You are passionate about your work, love to share, coach and embody some of our key values such as Openness, Transparency and Trust. You understand the value of genuine interpersonal communication, especially within a globally distributed work environment. You respect and cherish individuality and are able to engage with people accordingly.
You will need to have experience demonstrating:
- Working in distributed, complex and multifaceted environments and thriving at communicating with others
- Proven experience in managing (1:1’s) and developing people (PDP’s) in remote teams across multiple time zones within an engineering environment
- Strong communication-centric skills with an equal emphasis on listening as well as sharing information
- Coaching skills: taking an “Ask vs. Tell” approach
- Able to work with salary, development and other people-related issues sensitively and professionally
- Ability to lead, inspire and act in the best interest of both the individual and the company
- Able to adapt your leadership style to different cultures
- Experience working with technical minded people even if you are not technical yourself
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems including the use of Linux and various web systems and open source applications
Collabora Ltd. is a software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the open source software community together. We combine years of open source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box/smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.