Collabora is looking for Web/Systems Software Developers of all levels of experience to join our in-house Systems Development team. The Systems Development team supports and develops the software tools used within the company to help deliver client projects and effectively run the business. The team is not client facing. Working in a friendly and highly cooperative environment with colleagues from every part of the company, you will help to deliver software involved in planning, business intelligence, communications, project management, security and accounting.
You will be supported and encouraged to create and contribute to free-software and help advance our presence in the Open Source world.
Our ecosystem includes (but is not limited to) Python/Django, MariaDB, Redis, GitLab, Grafana, SuiteCRM, Phabricator, Mattermost, OTRS, Chef, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience building for the web, especially using Django
- Understanding of typical open-source web architectures and stacks
- A respectful and pragmatic approach to providing technical support
- Good English proficiency (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in an online, globally distributed company
- A desire to work with open source communities
Additional Skills for Senior Applicants
- Experience writing well-tested code in business critical systems (e.g. finance)
- Familiarity with container-based working, e.g. Docker, Podman, Kubernetes
- Experience using, maintaining and designing CI
- Experience with database schema design and optimisation
- A solid grounding in Linux system and database administration and networking concepts
- A positive approach to designing and developing applications with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience building and using existing web APIs in order to integrate systems
- Demonstrable technical writing skills (documentation, blogs)
- Skills in other modern languages (Go/Rust/Ruby) and frameworks such as Laravel, Rails
- Knowledge of security- and privacy-by-design principles
- A willingness to mentor more junior engineers
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face.
Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio