Job ID: 593834BR
Date posted: Jul. 21, 2022
Locations: Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Space Protection Programs is seeking a skilled Software Engineer and Agile Leader who can guide a team through a complex mission application software development lifecycle. Candidate must have the ability to take ownership of software development activities and drive the application of agile methods that require a multifaceted execution approach, depending on the time-phased needs of the program. Responsible for frequent use and application of software engineering standards and techniques, including Object Oriented Design and Agile development techniques in addition to the training, coaching, and mentoring of agile teams and leaders. Will work in a highly collaborative environment with frequent and direct interaction with peers and occasional customer interactions.
Experience with C/C++, Python, WindRiver and Linux OS, and Object-Oriented design is preferred. Strong ability to perform on a small highly skilled team in a dynamic environment. The preferred candidate must work under general supervision, multi-task, adapt to change, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Experience with algorithm/object-oriented development is also desirable. Occasional odd and/or extended hours may be required to meet program milestones.
In this role you will:
• Be a member of an Agile development team. Support agile release planning, sprint planning, and agile development execution. Provide leadership in the guidance and mentorship of agile methods to a multi-disciplined team of software and systems engineers.
• Participate in embedded software development and/or software test activities.
• Evaluate sprint results and provide feedback to team members and project stakeholders.
• Learn new tools independently.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in current processes and implement new processes.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Minimum BS degree and 3-5 years of experience in software engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Previous C, C++, or Python experience supporting the development of flight vehicle GNC/FSW architectures.
• Knowledge of embedded systems architectures and test experience using embedded systems.
• Demonstrated experience using the Agile methodology in the development, integration and test of complex software systems and environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships across Agile Development Teams.
• Active TS/SCI clearance and be willing to consent to a Counter Intelligence Polygraph
• Experience executing projects with agile processes and tools
• Programming background in C/C++ and Python.
• Control account manager (CAM) experience.
• Experience with leading process improvement initiatives.
• Experience with program lifecycle execution from concept phase through end-of-life phase.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
• Ability to recommend metrics that help agile teams and organizations measure and improve their effectiveness and increase their value delivery.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $87,600 - $146,000 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligible
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering