This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their careers as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Project Manager (Build).
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Project Manager, your typical day may include:
- Overseeing multiple clients and projects, and the Kanopi developers and UX/UI resources that support them
- Lead the onboarding of new and existing accounts starting Build projects
- Understand a client’s business needs and be able to clearly convey those to Kanopi team members
- Facilitate regular meetings with clients; articulating next steps, demonstrating new features and functionality, and proactively identifying needs
- Curate a backlog of work for each project; ensuring project teams have the clear information they need, working with clients to fill in any gaps, and prioritizing as needed
- Identify and share potential larger projects with the Management team or strategically determining when a larger initiative would be beneficial for the account
- Support the internal team by handling "quick win" WordPress or Drupal site configurations and content entry prior to escalating to the development team
- Critically evaluate tasks to ensure the ask is the right solution
- Expedite urgent requests or needs, and prioritize work accordingly
- Carefully monitor budgets and timelines to ensure tasks are completed on-budget, and on-time; keeping clients and Kanopi management in the know by reporting with hours and progress updates on a regular basis
- Work with clients and project teams to remove barriers to completing work
- Explain complex technical concepts to clients using clear non-technical language
- Forecast and resource appropriate Kanopi team members based on a project’s needs; including front-end/back-end developers, UX strategists, and designers
- Gain a deep understanding of the clients’ web properties you manage to anticipate and recommend appropriate needs to clients
- Review completed work (designs, documents, development work) to ensure a standard or quality before clients review
- Demonstrate good time management skills to stay on top of your workload and the team members’ you are managing
- Learn to pace and balance team work to maintain a healthy workload
- Know when to push back on behalf of Kanopi’s best interests, and when to escalate situations to the attention of Management
- Maintain a calm demeanor when in stressful or high-pressure situations
- Assist in the overall process of making the company awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $58,000-$78,900 - the range is broad, but it is commensurate with experience, aligned with current members of our team with similar experience, and may shift a bit depending on your geographic location. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the US or Canada.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have agency Project Management experience working with Drupal and/or WordPress
- Have experience managing a web build project throughout its full life cycle
- Have experience managing and working with distributed project teams
- Have experience resourcing development project resources
- Can demonstrate an ability to set priorities and communicate changes to both the development team and account manager
- Can work well under pressure within a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Have the ability to manage the day-to-day delivery of engagements, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change management, and escalations
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Have a passion for the web, for open source development, and for working with a bunch of fun, humorous people
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess an awareness of best practices with respect to performance, configuration, and development
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team. Some candidates may even do a paid mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
We offer a comprehensive range of health, professional, remote workspace, and other fun benefits for all full time US and Canadian employees. For more information, see the benefits section of our careers page.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants (for consideration, applicants must live in the US or Canada).