Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
Mattermost is seeking a passionate data enthusiast to lead our Marketing data analytics. As a data-driven organization, Mattermost relies on our data team to drive marketing insights, ensure accurate data across systems, iterate on current key business metrics, and dive into complex datasets to answer business-critical questions.
In this role, you will work closely with the marketing, sales, product, and engineering organizations to deeply understand customer trends, analyze marketing activities, product adoption, and sales results in order to surface insights that impact the health of the overall business. If you are data-obsessed, love connecting the dots, thrive in an iterative environment, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty, this is the role for you.
About Our Tools
Tool Stack: Marketo, Salesforce, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, Snowflake, dbt, Stitch, Hightouch, Looker, Google Sheets/Excel, etc.Coding Languages: SQL, Python, LookML
- Own the entire development process for our marketing analytics reporting. This includes meeting with internal customers to understand their needs, partnering with data engineering to centralize dispersed data, understanding the core data models, writing code to enrich and manipulate data, and designing and editing reports and dashboards.
- Build and tune models that will help the Marketing team predict results and report on performance.
- Provide guidance to functional leaders on KPI's, metrics, and business decisions including accurate analysis of user and business data.
- Lead strategic cross-functional data initiatives to stitch together the Mattermost customer journey data for internal analytics consumption.
- Partner with the Data Engineering team to ensure relevant data is centralized into our data warehouse and modeled for performant analytics, while meeting our high data-quality standards.
- 5+ years experience in a fast-paced analytics focused role.
- Experience solving ambiguous business problems with hard data.
- A passion for systems that generate and present clear and relevant data. Strong communication skills across stakeholders with varying business goals and levels of technical knowledge -- you’re as comfortable talking to our API team about how they record events as you are brainstorming a new campaign with our Marketing team.
- Firm grasp of statistics and statistical inference. Comfort juggling and prioritizing competing workstreams.
- A background working with Marketing systems, and processes.
- A firm understanding of ETL and Reverse ETL setups. Strong SQL skills; experience with dbt; experience with statistical packages.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Bangladesh - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Spain - South Korea - Suriname - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - Uruguay - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!