Collabora is looking for a SysOps Engineer, with excellent problem solving and communication skills, to join its ever growing engineering team.
The main mission will be to contribute to the development, expansion/scaling and support/maintenance of our Automated Software Testing Lab Infrastructure (https://lava.collabora.dev/). This test infrastructure is focused on kernel, graphics and system validation as part of the CI (Continuous Integration loop, providing a way to test on a wide variety of different hardware, for multiple customers, communities and projects. Our Lab is located aside our Cambridge office and currently supports a variety of DUTs (Device Under Tests) from Single Board Computers (SBCs), HW boards to laptops and servers, which need to be setup up, configured (programmed/flashed) and connected for power, network and test automation.
Key day to day responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer a fleet of hundreds of DUTs
- Ensure DUTs and surrounding systems are up and available for continuous testing while meeting specific Service Level Agreement (SLA - uptime)
- Provision and deploy new DUTs into the infrastructure
- Debug and troubleshoot HW/SW failures and instabilities
- Develop scripts and automation for managing configuration, software deployment and other improvements
- Work with our SysAdmin team to ensure compliance with our best IT practices
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and the ability to solve problems at scale
- Ability to work and communicate in an online fully distributed environment
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues in a Linux-based environment
- Some knowledge of ARM processors-based HW boards, Networking, Single Boards Computers and Power Switches is essential
- Organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible)
- Experience with server monitoring systems (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Experience with Debian systems and networking would be a big plus
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and relevant open source communities
- Experience with Linux (e.g. uBoot, Linux kernel and BSP, Linux Distros, Flashing, low-level debugging) with ability to debug and troubleshoot
- Experience in creating/Ability to create tooling to monitor infrastructure (Rust and Python based
Collabora is a software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the open source software community together. We combine years of open source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face.
Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box/smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage open source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace, handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.