Leidos is seeking a Cloud Engineer that will be responsible for the acquisition, analysis, transformation, normalization, and loading of a vast array of data types. The Customer’s office engineers operate and maintains a large data lake and system to make the data available to the rest of the Customer’s organization. The Customer requires cloud engineering support to deploy, configure, and enhance data exploitation platform capabilities. The duties responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Cloud Engineering support leveraging existing Commercial off the Shelf (COTS), Government off the Shelf (GOTS), and open source components, as well as implement new technologies as appropriate.
- Provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support to current capabilities as well as implementation of enhancements to existing mission capabilities while meeting security requirements and optimizing system costs.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing software capabilities to meet mission requirements; deploying solutions on AWS, On-Prem or other cloud environments.
- Provide immediate technical support necessary to meet critical operational requirements and shall provide the schedule flexibility needed to address issues as they arise which may require after hours or on call support and use iterative and Agile software development methodologies and practices.
- Bachelors degree and 12 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated experience deploying solutions onto AWS or cloud environments.
- Demonstrated experience using DevOps Tools, including Jenkins, Nexus, Git, and Ansible.
- Demonstrated experience with programming and scripting languages including Java and Python
- Demonstrated experience performing software or system development on Linux platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or DynamoDB.
- Demonstrated experience with security features such as authentication and encryption such as IAM, Active Directory, KMS, TLS/SSL, or VPN.
- Demonstrated experience with indexing technologies such as HBase, ElasticSearch or similar.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining security patches and software updates.
- Demonstrated experience using NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Demonstrated experience with Sponsor data collaboration and sharing platforms or repositories.
- Demonstrated experience using project management and tracking tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Demonstrated experience taking a system through the security accreditation process.
Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.