Required Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Schedule: Full Time
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement: IAT II (Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement: None
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement: None
DoD CSSP Requirement: None
Base-2 Solutions has an exciting opening for you as our next Senior Systems Integrator Engineer to work in Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD. Your job will be to rely upon your years of experience bringing together component subsystems into a whole and ensuring that those subsystems are optimized to work together. This job will require you to participate in building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- You will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, system engineers and O&M team members on the following key tasks
- Perform Linux builds, installs, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of both Linux and Windows platforms to include but not limited to base configuration, security and system patching, performance monitoring, etc.
- Provide O/S hardening (STIG, OpenSCAP, ACAS) and system patching
- Develop server builds for virtual and physical environments
- Manage, maintain, configure, and deploy system integration tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm
- Support management and integration of DevOps tools such as Jenkins
- Deploy, operate, diagnose, and maintain containerized (Docker) microservices across orchestrated (Kubernetes) environments
- Maintain and orchestrate services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java running on Kubernetes
- Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the deployed pipeline
- Maintain and develop DevOps automation using tools (e.g., Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software, validate and implement critical system patches, and allocate mass storage space
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
- Participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, integration, and documentation phases
- Manage the code transfer and modification
- Conduct automated unit and system integration tests to identify and provide feedback on failed modules and components
- Participate in code design reviews and updates
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or a closely related discipline or 4 years of additional relevant professional experience
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Experience in system integrations testing through a full system development life cycle, including implementing test plans, test cases and test processes
- Experience with security requirements derivation
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and also a self-starter who can work on their own
- Expertise in configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) to include kernel panic recovery; Configuring SSSD, AIDE, SELinux, auditd; and O/S hardening – STIG, OpenSCAP, ACAS.
- Highly proficient with Patching: yum repositories, APT repositories
- Highly proficient with Server builds: virtual and physical
- Experience with installing and deploying DevOps tools, examples could include Chef, Puppet, Git, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Salt, etc.
- Knowledge of Atlassian software such as JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, etc.
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification.
- Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Linux, Git, Python, Elasticsearch, Logstash, IPA, AWS, OpenStack, Java, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience establishing large computer clusters
- Experience in continuous configuration automation (CCA) methods for providing a flexible, programmatic platform for deploying and managing the configuration of infrastructure and application resources.
- Experience in applying both agent-based and agentless (e.g. SSH) methods to event-driven orchestration and remote execution for configuration management
- Experience in applying automated configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt) for configuration automation, cloud control, and event-driven orchestration.
Our Pay & Benefits Include Compensation
- Above Market Pay
- Up to $10,000 for Referral Bonuses
- Additional Bonuses for Exceptional Performance and Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- 100% Paid Premiums for Health Insurance. Choose from over 60 gold-level medical plans from Aetna, CareFirst BCBS, Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare. Choose from PPO, EPO, POS, HMO, and HSA-compatible plans with Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options.
- 100% Paid Premiums for Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Vision Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Short-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Long-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 100% Paid Premiums for Basic Term Life Insurance
- 8% Company Contribution to 401k with Immediate Vesting of Contributions and Pre-Tax and Roth Options
- Up to 25 Days of Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Days of Paid Floating Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedules including Flex Time and Compressed Work Period
- Remote Work including Partial or Fully Remote.