Front End Developer (1920)
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report and rated a leader by the analyst community. Acquia’s India office is a Great Place to Work certified organization. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Help our customers succeed with Drupal by developing and delivering cutting-edge web experiences through a delivery model focused on best practices, standards, and Acquia products.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life-cycle, turning functional and design requirements into working application components that meet specifications and follow Acquia best practices.
- Interface with diverse teams to define the scope and roadmap for demonstrations and implementation.
- Active contributions to all UI / UX decisions and implementations.
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn them into functional and aesthetic design components.
- Ability to develop features with enhanced user experience.
- Ability to optimize and develop the front-end architecture for the best performance.
- Responsible for writing the efficient and accessible code.
- Ability to document, communicate and help the team and be a better team player.
- Report on blockers and collaborate with team members to reach resolution.
- Participate in customer meetings and workshops.
- Estimate the amount of work required to deliver requirements.
- Track time and expenses using project and organizational standards.
- Accountable for active contributions to front-end architecture decisions.
- Accountable for front-end development for web applications.
- 3-7 yrs of experience in working with Drupal themes, preprocessors and twig templates.
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors & methodologies.
- Basic understanding of managing front-end libraries with package managers and task runners.
- Understanding of Drupal and using Drupal Tools such as Drush and Composer.
- Experience of interface design tools and basic understanding of graphic design applications is a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban a plus
- Desire to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks, and eager to work on exciting and innovative technologies.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality software on time.
- Experience with, and interest in, moderately complex Drupal front-end implementations.
- Ability to develop, review, and test custom Drupal themes and front-end libraries
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- Skilled at collaborating with team members and partners in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, with an ability to collaborate asynchronously in a multi-time zone environment.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.