This is a fully remote position, and we are looking for candidates in the Americas EST timezones.
As a Self-Serve Growth Engineer, you will partner with our Growth and Product teams to drive adoption of our Grafana Cloud. This person will be part of a growing team that is hyper-focused on our self-service go-to-market, reporting into our Growth Engineering team, which spans the user journey: acquisition, activation, retention and monetization. Your mission is to lower the barrier-to-entry for those wishing to get started with observability and to craft an experience that is easy to use and simple to understand. As an OSS company (Grafana, Loki, Mimir, Tempo), there is a natural opportunity for growth engineers to contribute-to and support multiple different projects across the company.
What you will do?
- Partner closely with multiple teams (Business, Marketing, Product and OSS Engineering teams) to ship high impact experiments both in and out of core product
- Build developer tooling to increase ease of use and adoption of Grafana Cloud
- Build and surface interesting use cases with publicly available datasets
- Leverage Grafana’s extreme flexibility and highly visual experience to showcase all that is possible. (Some fun examples, 1, 2, 3)
- Build continuity, user efficiency, and moments of delight into the user journey from acquisition through retention
We're excited about you because you have:
- Significant experience developing experiments and web applications (React, Angular, Vue, etc.), working with APIs, and visualizing data.
- Working knowledge of elementary statistics
- Clear track record of contributing to high impact product-led growth projects at the intersection of marketing and product.
- Prior experience in developer tools and/or high volume B2B SaaS
- Familiar both as a developer and end user of modern analytic stacks (Tag Managers, BigQuery, Amplitude, Segment, Rudderstack, Grafana, etc)
- Experience partnering with UX to build delightful features with thoughtful design
- High level of intellectual curiosity and a genuine interest in business outcomes
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies
- A BS/BA in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in SQL
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.