Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
The Account Executive is a senior sales position responsible for developing, managing and closing business within target accounts in our Mid Market & Enterprise focused sales organization. Note: This position requires regular travel.
- Prospecting and developing opportunities in target markets and accounts.
- Refining go-to-market strategy for the relevant markets and organizations in your territory.
- Engaging new and existing open source users of Mattermost to provide value around how users can be more successful with our technology platform and tools.
- Managing complex enterprise sales cycles with multiple engagement points in DevOps, IT, InfoSec and other lines of business.
- Executing solution and value selling to existing customer base and new prospects.
- Articulating and evangelizing the vision and positioning of both Mattermost and our products, and securing strategic commercial commitments.
- Building a pipeline of revenue and new logos for your target accounts.
- Accurately forecasting business on a quarterly cadence.
- Communicating with management and sales operations to ensure proper execution of documents and correct process, as well as following instructions or recommendations set by these teams and company management.
- Ensuring the successful rollout and adoption of Mattermost products through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and support resources.
- Collaborating closely with sales leadership and fluently sharing key deal information to align extended sales engineering, pre-sales, product support teams and executive support. Become an expert in Mattermost, and in enterprise messaging & collaboration software
- Significant enterprise sales and customer facing experience.
- Experience selling a technical productWork under minimal supervision on complex projects.
- Track record in developing and closing large, complex deals 4+ years successful quota attainment Very motivated and goal-oriented.
- Dynamic experience in an emerging company environment.
- Creation and execution of territory strategy and business plans.
- Attentive to forecasting and business reporting responsibilities.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Spain - South Korea - Suriname - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - Uruguay - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!