Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
We are looking for a talented Senior Platform Engineer with passion for open source, who excels at infrastructure and automation. You will help to build and own the vision of CI/CD framework and Release Engineering practices at Mattermost. We are invested in AWS and Kubernetes, making the most of these abstractions. One of the core values of Mattermost is to be open and here you can find the areas of responsibilities
of the team.
Everything you build with us will be open source.
If that sounds like you, then apply to learn more!
- CI/CD framework and Release Engineering at scale for self-served teams
- Building out scalable and automated Cloud platform on preferably AWS
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools (Terraform/Pulumi)
- Containerisation technology and various orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Building out tools and automations to move towards self-served teams eg. CI/CD blueprints, ChatOps
- Building out observability and SLOs for the services the team provides
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
Nice to have:
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience with software supply chain security practices eg. SLSA
- Experience with GitOps practices at scale
- Experience working in open source communities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 5+ years of previous experience as a Platform Engineer
- Passionate about automating everything with DevOps mindset
- Strong experience with or an ability to quickly become an expert in at least portion of our technology stack: Go, Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes, Github Actions, GitLab
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Spain - South Korea - Suriname - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - Uruguay - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!