Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
The Mattermost Suite alongside Channels and Boards, Playbooks enables reliable and repeatable processes for teams using checklists, automation, and retrospectives. As a member of the Playbooks team, you will own our automated, end-to-end testing pipeline, working to minimize the amount of manual effort required of the team each release. You will partner with developers to ensure adequate feature coverage and proper testing methodology. You will lead our switch from Cypress to Playwright, as well as kickoff adoption of Detox for testing Playbooks on mobile. You'll teach best practices to minimize flaky tests (and frustrated developers). And as a member of the QA Guild, you will work with your peers to help analyze and address the most common sources of bugs, defining and championing processes to improve testing across all of R&D.
- Owning the automated, end-to-end testing pipeline for the Playbooks product
- Identifying and fixing pain points and bottlenecks faced by developers when writing e2e tests
- Joining in feature design to anticipate edge cases and more precisely define scope
- Driving bug bashes with the team to collectively identify, understand and triage issues
- Taking charge of our monthly self-managed, and weekly cloud release process
- Expanding developer-driven test coverage both by identifying gaps and authoring additional tests
- Deep-diving into hard-to-reproduce issues to narrow reproduction steps
- Driving improvements to overall QA processes to help reduce manual efforts and increase product quality
- Working remotely, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- Demonstrated confidence owning an automated, end-to-end testing pipeline (ideally using Cypress or Playwright)
- At ease with a Linux or MacOS terminal and some kind of development environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- An eye for detail and a talent for thinking of blind spots others may have missed
- Optional: Experience with Detox mobile automated testing for a future product.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Spain - South Korea - Suriname - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - Uruguay - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!