At Mozilla, we strive to make the Internet better for all users. Do you care deeply about the web and are passionate about software and systems engineering? Are you interested in and want to work in the open and at scale?
The Systems Engineering team builds custom services and platforms for Mozillians to get their work done more efficiently. We are a part of the IT and Engineering Operations organization and our work is used by many teams across Mozilla. On our team you will be creating solutions for and learning from a diverse group of engineers, designers, product managers and professionals in many subject areas.
As a member of the team you will:
- Build software to improve Mozilla’s business and product processes
- Work on large scale systems used by millions of people
- Have many opportunities to work with a range of different technologies
What our team works on:
The team is committed to contributing to open source in a transparent manner. Nearly everything we create is accessible and available to the community.
Here are a few of the key services and platform in our portfolio:
- Remote Settings - a real time data platform that keeps millions of Firefox clients up to date. It currently powers over 60 features on desktop and mobile Firefox.
- Taskcluster - the engine behind Firefox’s CI/CD system to automate the thousands of tasks to build, test and ship Firefox daily.
- CTMS - a central platform for responsibly handling user contact data. It powers our newsletter and email marketing efforts.
Our team uses skills from a variety of domains. If you have experience with some of these technologies and enjoy learning new things we encourage you to apply.
- Linux and POSIX systems
- Cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure
- System and service architecture design
- REST and GraphQL APIs
We value individual expertise, learning and diverse perspectives. As a team, we host design reviews to create an inclusive, learning focused environment to design solutions together.
We are looking for candidates that love technology, value creativity, diversity and learning. If you enjoy building things to help people work less and get more done please submit your application.
Your Professional Profile:
- BS/MS in CS, CE or relevant work experience
- Experience building web based APIs and services
- Good written and verbal skills in English
- Located in Canada or the US within CST or EST time zones
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1881