Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
The Sr. Program Manager, Data Engineering will own the roadmap, prioritization and execution of data engineering requests across the Mattermost organization.
The program manager for the data engineering team will gather incoming data requests from across the organization, triage, groom, prioritize with the team, and execute on data related deliverables that our company relies on to operate. We are a data-driven company, so this person’s role is critical in ensuring we can execute on our company strategy and goals by making data-driven decisions.
- 5+ years of technical program management experience, ideally in a data product role.
- Experience creating solutions that address consumers needs for data aggregation, reporting, analysis, visualization, modeling, and the underlying infrastructure needed to power data driven experiences
- Ability to understand, manage and prioritize data requests from different departments of the company, set relative prioritization, and execute on deliverables with the team
- Maintain high touch with stakeholders in various organizations within the company, negotiating tasks and understanding their long term plans relating to data analytics that will help guide the roadmap planning process for this team
- Ability to lead triage and grooming sessions to plan sprints and keep a well maintained backlog of data requests
- Ability to maintain team momentum on technical debt and data infrastructure, while setting appropriate expectations cross-departmentally on ad-hoc data requests
- Ability to derive insights based on resulting data, locate key stakeholders and initiate improvements to the associated product or process
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to navigate complexity at both a technical and business level
- Capable of turning ambiguity into action, driving meaningful outcomes in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Nice to have:
- Experienced in Analytics or Data Engineering, and an understanding of data concepts. If you were an Analyst or Data Engineer in a past life, please consider applying! We are looking for someone who can improve our data maturity.
- Expertise in data modeling, data pipeline tools/tradeoffs, building dashboards using Looker, or designing ad-hoc queries on the data warehouse
- Ability to understand/handle a variety of data-related issues and tools: telemetry, data modeling, data querying (SQL), dashboards, data security, data health, data anonymization
- Experience hiring and managing temporary contractors for various roles, including data analysts, who will participate in the triage and grooming process of this team
- Programming experience (Python, SQL, or similar)
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Spain - South Korea - Suriname - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - Uruguay - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!