We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Manager with a strong technical background to oversee project delivery, managing multiple projects around Collabora Online and LibreOffice, as well as overseeing customer ticket prioritization.
Your involvement with the projects will begin early in the life-cycle. You will be supporting the preparation of technical and commercial proposals, and you will continue with the projects through to their successful delivery to clients, and hopefully follow-on-opportunities.
You will be involved in managing the client relationships and be the focal point for all project communications. This will require you to both think about the projects at a high-level while at the same time understanding the key details.
You will be expected to have a grasp of the priority and severity of customer tickets, and be intimately involved in the process of balancing delivery resources between projects and tickets.
What's in it for you?
- Become part of an organization designed from the ground-up for efficient remote-working
- Technically challenging environment, where your opinions and ideas are listened to
- Be a key part of the senior Collabora Productivity management team
- Significant degree of autonomy within the role
- Opportunity to learn from others and pick up new skills. Our Project Managers and Engineers are responsible for feeding back to each other in an effort to improve overall process
- Culturally diverse and inclusive environment
- Make a significant positive impact on Open Source and the global desktop productivity market
- Manage a number of Open Source technology projects of various sizes and complexities
- Communicate effectively with teams around schedule, delivery deadlines, releases, and task priorities to satisfy customers and to balance development load across the the company
- Understand customers needs and what makes them successful – apply these to deliver successful projects and explore future business opportunities
- Manage and motivate project teams to ensure project success. As our clients and project engineers are globally distributed, certain flexibilities in working practices will be required according to customers' and engineers' needs
- Weekly project status updates and appropriate actions to ensure projects are successful, profitable and delivered on time
- Support the optimization and maintenance of current ISO processes and define new ones for continuous improvements according to the business needs
- Infrequent customer visits and international travel as required
- Account management, including stakeholder and commercial management of the engagement
- Full life-cycle project management, including planning, execution, reporting and financials
- Able to spot risks and mitigate/workaround them before they develop into issues
- Experience of Agile or Open Source software development methodologies
- Experience of running highly distributed project teams across multiple time zones would be a great advantage
- Experience with phabrictor, bugzilla, OTRS/Znuny and/or other open-source trackers and project management tooling appreciated
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Knowledge or experience working in an ISO 9001 and/or ISO 27001 environment(s) would be an asset
- Professional project management qualification would be an advantage