We are Grafana Labs; the company behind the Grafana project. Our team is building a SaaS observability platform: Grafana Cloud, and an Enterprise offering: Grafana Enterprise, while cementing Grafana as the leading open source software for time series analytics.
Grafana Cloud is our composable observability platform that integrates metrics, logs, and traces with Grafana. It allows our customers to leverage the best open source observability software – including Prometheus, Mimir, Loki, and Tempo – without the overhead of installing, maintaining and scaling their own observability stack.
Our team, App O11y is focused on making data intake into Grafana easier for developers by providing libraries for instrumenting apps automatically, offering prebuilt dashboards and alerts for common use cases and also offering an easy-to-use ingestion system. We want customers to easily and reliably monitor all of their servers and applications with Grafana Cloud.
What will you be doing?
- You might support us to build visualization plugins for application observability, iterate on the client instrumentation libraries or contribute to our ingestion systems.
- Become an active part of a globally distributed group of interns
- Train on how to be successful in a global remote environment
- Onboard in person and then work remotely from wherever you work best
- Regularly meet with a mentor to get all the support you need
- Take an active role in defining your own objectives
- Work on projects from initial ideation all the way tol implementation alongside a group of senior engineers
- Actively participate in technical discussion
- Dive deep into a part of our codebase
- Embrace our open-source culture and be brave to contribute to open source projects
- Gain a deeper understanding of our products and customers
- Present some of your learnings at the end of your internship
As we are remote-first, we provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, so an independent attitude and solid communication skills are a must.
What are we looking for in you?
- You are a motivated self starter with a bias towards action
- You are user focused. We build everything with our users in mind. You have a passion for creating intuitive products that fit customers’ needs
- Pragmatism. You are excited to take on complex challenges and break them down to achieve tight learning loops
- Collaboration and communication: The smallest unit we have is a squad. You’ll be working with your teammates in a fully remote setup. Solid communication skills are a must
- Interest to work in frontend
- Some experience with at least one programming language : TypeScript , React
- Some experience with Git and Linux.
- Interest in the observability space
- Excitement for technology and our products
Nice to haves:
- Experience with or interest to learn TypeScript
- You have used Grafana or Prometheus already
- Exposure to microservices architecture, distributed systems, and a desire to learn
- Application Review
- Recruiter Introductory call
- Manager Screening call
- Coding interview
What we offer?
- Work on a motivated, highly engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you the feeling of making an impact both on our community and your colleagues.
- Exciting mission and strategy to make an open platform for metrics, logs and tracing accessible to everyone.
Internship Program Information:
- Applications Open:January,2023
- Application Review Starts:January,2023
- Ability to work full-time for Summer 2023
- You are currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date in 2024
- This will be a paid internship
- We are accepting applications from the following locations Canada, USA, United Kingdom, Germany or Sweden
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.