Associate Operations Engineer
Job description summary:
The Ops engineer is responsible for designing and delivering secure and highly available solutions. You will be a critical part of a team focused on ensuring our services are ready and stress tested. You should be comfortable taking on new challenges, defining potential solutions and implementing designs in a team environment. You will be working on a tech stack composed of Linux, Kubernetes, PHP, Java, MySQL, Kafka, Jenkins, Github and AWS/GCP.
What You Will Accomplish
- The Ops engineer partners closely with Engineering and Support. We are responsible for the deployment, and continuous operation of the Acquia platform.
- You will make sure we automate as many tasks as possible to make diagnostics, scaling, healing and deployments a breeze.
- You will work on a team responsible for a blend of architecture, automation, development, and application administration.
- You will develop and deploy solutions from the infrastructure, to the network, and application layers, on public cloud platforms.
- You will ensure our SaaS platform is available and performing, and that we can notice problems before our customers.
- You will collaborate with Support and Engineering on customer issues, as needed.
- Working with distributed data infrastructure, including containerization and virtualization tools, to enable unified engineering and production environments;
- Developing dashboards, monitors, and alerts to increase situational awareness of the state of our production issues/sla/security incidents.
- Independently conceiving and implementing ways to improve development efficiency, code reliability, and test fidelity.
- You will participate in a periodic on-call rotation
- Proficient in Unix/Linux OS administration
- Proficient with network setup and debugging
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, PHP, …)
- Proficient knowledge with public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Understands Kubernetes
- Understands application containerization
- Basic understanding of SQL and relational database administration (MySQL)
- A Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or experience in software engineering or a related field
- Best practices in infosec
- The ability to dig deep into infrastructure and code to solve problems.
- The drive to solve traditional operations problems through automation.
- High attention to detail.
- Hands-on Linux knowledge: +3 years
- Scripting: +2 years
- DevOps and/or build & release experience including delivery: 0-1 years
- Software Configuration Management tools: 0-1 years
- DB/Data Platforms: Aurora/Mysql: 0-1 years
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization 0-1 year