At k6, we build next-generation reliability testing tools for developers and DevOps engineers.
We are pushing the state-of-the-art in our industry, creating open-source tools focused on great developer experience. k6 is an open-source tool that we built to reinvent the engineering principles around testing with a mission to empower engineers to build highly resilient and scalable systems.
As part of this vision we recently launched the xk6-disruptor project. xk6-disruptor is a k6 extension that allows the injection of faults into a system to simulate turbulent conditions. You can find more information about k6 and k6 disruptor in the following links:
About the role
This is a remote position and we're considering candidates in the European time zones.
You will be a part of the k6 team that focuses on chaos testing tools. This is a greenfield project to enable developers to test the fault tolerance of their applications using k6. Your primary goal will be to promote the adoption of the project by engaging with the community of users and contributors, supporting them and helping the team to translate their feedback into an actionable roadmap of development.
We are looking for an engineer with a solid development background and passion for open-source interested in test automation and chaos engineering.
You will join the project in the early stages. In consequence, you will have a substantial and immediate impact on the development of the project.
k6 is a tool used by engineers, and as such, we are looking for people enthusiastic about building high-quality tools they would want to use themselves.
Grafana Labs is an open source first company. We are looking for people passionate about collaborating with a diverse community in a technically challenging project.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the documentation and educational content
- Engage in community activities (talks, meetups, forums) to exchange experiences, listen to issues and provide support and feedback
- Review contributions to the project and provide feedback to ensure quality
- Collaborate with other teams in Grafana on the adoption of the k6 chaos testing tool
- Actively participate in the development of the project contributing with bug fixes, new features, tests, and code examples
- Solid programming background with experience in Go
- Experience developing Kubernetes applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Familiarity with modern software engineering processes and practices
Not required, but great if you also have
- Familiarity with chaos engineering concepts and tools
- Experience with test automation
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Familiarity with observability concepts and tools. Bonus for experience with Grafana’s LGTM stack (Loki, Grafana, Tempo, Mimir)
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.