This is a remote role for the Eastern time-zone of the USA
About Product Management
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you'll develop a vision and strategy for your product domain. You will own your product’s roadmap, collateral, and market research, and you will collaborate with Grafana leadership on fine-tuning your product’s goals. You will be the primary advocate and expert in your area, with a strong ability to communicate needs, functionality, and details effectively both to external customers and internal stakeholders. The teams and people you will be interacting with will be 100% remote and globally distributed, so strong and proactive communication is essential.
Product Managers are the bridge that connect Engineering, Design, and UX to GTM. You are a facilitator who ensures the free flow of information across these teams and are expected to be technically proficient when representing our products to our customers.
As the Product Manager for Metrics, you’ll be involved with everything related to our metrics offerings, including open source Mimir, Grafana Cloud Metrics, and Grafana Enterprise Metrics. You’ll become a subject matter expert on metrics, with a deep understanding of customer needs in this space, as well as the existing landscape of open source and commercial solutions. You’ll define a vision for the future of our rapidly growing and evolving metrics platform, and how it fits into our customers’ overall observability journey. You’ll develop an experience that enables our customers to easily and reliably collect, store, query, and analyze metrics, and in so doing, help our customers drive higher uptime, fewer outages, and ultimately happier end users.
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you will:
- Transform ideas and feedback into a product vision and roadmap
- Empathize with customer problems in order to collect user needs, requirements, and pain points
- Curate and properly represent user feedback to Engineering, while providing evidence to support tradeoffs and priorities
- Work closely with PMM to enable GTM on product differentiation, including creating and updating presentations, documentation, website content, datasheets, and whitepapers.
- Use your deep product expertise to make decisions about our go-to-market strategies, pricing, packaging, licensing and tiering.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- A BSBA/BA in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- 3+ years of experience working on a B2B SaaS product
- Experience with open source or commercial time-series databases and/or large scale metrics collection, storage, querying, and analytics
- A desire to dive into complex solutions and work with a highly technical product and customers
- Experience partnering with UX to build delightful features with solid designs
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience operating or using Prometheus, Mimir, Grafana, and Kubernetes
- Experience building observability products and/or developer tools
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-managed
In the United States, the Base (OTE for commission positions) compensation range for this role is $148,000 - $185,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.