As a Support Engineer, you'll be a member of the fast-growing Customer Experience team, and be responsible for providing specialized support for Grafana Labs customers. You'll support the entire observability stack, from front-end Grafana panels to metrics, logs, and traces. In this role, you’ll also get hands-on experience with a multitude of unique open source projects providing extensive learning opportunities within our Cloud, Enterprise, and Open Source offerings.
- Debugging customer issues by attempting to replicate in lab environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker/containers, and dozens of test data sources)
- Utilizing SSO/SAML experience to help customers in securing their Grafana instances
- Evaluating errors or discrepancies within customer dashboard panels and determining root cause
- Reviewing configuration files and recommending best practices (Debug logs, JSON, YAML)
- Troubleshooting connectivity to various data sources and plugins
- Opening Github issues and partnering with software developers in order to solve issues, address bug fixes, or report security vulnerabilities
- Assessing performance issues with queries, visualizations, and alerting (PromQL, LogQL)
- Manage customer cases by providing timely and accurate information via phone, video meetings, email, ticketing, and chat
- Contribute to internal knowledge base and share information about technical issues within your team
- Gather and share customer feedback with Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams
- Provide training to new and existing team members and help with the onboarding process for new customers
- 3+ Years of experience in a Support Engineer role
- Located in a MST timezone
- A background knowledge of any of the following fields is desired: Observability, cloud systems administration, containerization, devops, logs, metrics, tracing, kubernetes and general enterprise open source technology
- You must be proficient in the troubleshooting process and have strong researching skills
- We’re looking for people who can go all the way to root-cause analysis as they become more familiar with the products/technologies
- Solid experience with CRM software, help desk software and remote support tools
- Experience delivering client-focussed solutions to customer needs
- Located in Western United States
In the United States, the Base compensation range for this role is $102,000 - $128,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.