The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Customer Success Manager team focuses on the themes of align, enable, and expand. We align with customers' desired business outcomes, enable them on their existing use cases, and work with them to expand into additional use cases, ensuring ongoing and ever-improving customer return-on-investment.
Additionally, our team serves as liaisons between the customer and the GitLab ecosystem, streamlining collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, and others. TAM (CSM) handbook.
- Partner with our customers in taking that established in the pre-sales command plan, and turning the customers desired positive business outcomes into actionable objectives
- Know the Gitlab platform, our more common best practices, and use cases in order to guide the customer
- Understand the customer journey and be able to guide them on future adoption
- Act as the GitLab liaison for GitLab questions, issues, or escalations. Work with GitLab Support, Product Management (i.e., roadmaps), or other teams as needed
- Own a book of assigned customers, with a focus on increasing adoption, ensuring retention and growth, and overall customer satisfaction
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on GitLab releases
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned customer and drive continued value of our solution and services
- Assist and provide expert deployment, operational best practices, and establishing a GitLab Center of Excellence
- Assist in workshops to help customers leverage the full value of GitLab solution
- Measure and monitor customers' achievement of critical and key performance indicators, reporting both internally to GitLab account stakeholders and externally to Customer Sponsors and Executives
- Translate customer product usage data into actionable advice for customers
- Establish regular touchpoints with assigned customers per the established SLAs, to review progress against strategic and technical objectives
- Experience leading a high-touch motion with customers, including strategic account planning, lifecycle management, deep focus on maturity of adoption and leadership in expansion initiatives.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a related function is required with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales or professional services functions
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Familiarity working with customers of all sizes, especially large enterprise organizations
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills
- Detailed oriented and analytical
- Strong team player but self-starter
- Project management experience & skills
- Strong technical, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
- Ability to use GitLab and willing to work with Git and GitLab whenever possible
- Alignment with our values, and willingness to work in accordance with those values
- Understanding of Git and typical branching strategies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, DevSecOps
- Fluent German
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.