Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact for our customers to help them solve problems and utilize the Mattermost solution to the fullest. A key part of your job will be to answer tickets coming in from APAC and EMEA customers on both technical and operational issues with our solution. You will spend time learning and understanding not only our software but the full stack of software that runs Mattermost. In addition, you will work cross functionally to resolve customer issues in a timely fashion and will communicate important feedback and insights from customers in order to improve our product and services.
- Triage customer issues, debug, and find possible workarounds, focusing initially on EMEA and APAC
- Communicate via support tickets, email, Mattermost chat and video conferencing with customers
- Submit and comment on bug reports and feature requests based on customer interactions
- Create or update reproduction environments for customer issues
- Create or update documentation based on customer interactions
- Engage with the other Mattermost support teams to provide consistent, high quality global support
- Engage with the development team to escalate bugs, solve problems, or obtain missing information
- Be available for occasional weekend on-call coverage
- Ensure the knowledge we gain from running Mattermost is shared with customers and users
- Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction
- Meet or exceed SLA times consistently
- Reliably respond to on-call emergencies
- Enterprise level technical support experience, preferably in open source and/or containerisation
- Experience working across teams to resolve support issues (engineering, sales, product, CSM)
- Ability to triage, reproduce, test and document bugs
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics clearly in written and spoken English with customers via tickets, Zoom calls, etc.
- Experience with support and CRM platforms (e.g. Zendesk, SalesForce.com, etc.) preferred
- Experience writing support content
- Experience managing the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Ability to perform complex Linux System Administration tasks
- Experience with technical operations, full stack automation, DevOps or development
- 2 or more of the following technical skills: Go, nginx, React, Relational Databases, Container Solutions, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IOS, Android, SAML, OAuth
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!