Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
Mattermost is seeking a growth-minded and people-oriented HR Generalist. You’ll be part of a People team focused on helping shape Mattermost as a destination workplace. Your primary focus will be on People Ops, owning day-to-day HR operations and acting as the first point of contact for all staff inquiries. You will streamline, implement, and optimize new workflows and processes to create efficiencies and accelerate repeatability.
As an HR Generalist, you will support key projects and programs and will partner with teams across the organization in areas including onboarding, staff engagement, learning and development, team enablement, and performance management. Working closely with Workplace, Total Rewards, and Recruitment, you will help to develop Mattermost onboarding, training, and company immersion activities that support and foster a global, inclusive destination workplace and maximize the staff experience.
- Be the first line of contact for all staff inquiries and be a champion for Mattermost’s culture and leadership principles.
- Own Mattermost’s onboarding program end-to-end, ensuring a positive onboarding experience for new staff members. Research new and consistently iterate on existing processes to make Mattermost’s remote onboarding program best-in-class.
- Together with the Manager, People, support async best practices by creating and maintaining a People Ops playbook to document People Operations processes, procedures, and programs related to the staff lifecycle.
- Perform operational tasks as needed, including data entry, offer letters, contract amendments, compensation change memos, employment verifications, and other tasks related to the staff life cycle.
- Conduct exit interviews for departing staff members. Regularly review onboarding and exit surveys to identify trends and create reports.
- Maintain and continually improve offboarding and staff change processes. Drive efficiencies in order to streamline information/workflows while incorporating legal/policy compliance requirements.
- Be the DRI (Directly Responsible Individual) for People Team related compliance projects. Administer global leave of absence programs and be the primary contact for all LOA inquiries and requests.
- Partner with the payroll team to ensure accuracy of payroll data, consistency in payroll timelines, and compliance with employment laws across all countries where Mattermost is active.
- Support as Program Manager for the delivery of key programs such as Performance Reviews and Engagement Surveys.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for People Systems (BambooHR, Culture Amp). Improve workflows and establish auditing and monitoring processes of HR data to maintain data integrity.
- Engage with the Manager, People on basic staff relations issues. Respond to team members’ requests for guidance and escalate to the Manager, People where appropriate.
- Work closely with People Team partners to deliver an exceptional and inclusive staff experience.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and maintain confidentiality.
- Proactive and results-driven with strong attention to detailClear understanding of employment laws in at least one country where Mattermost has an entity.
- Proven experience creating and improving workflows and internal processes with a focus on improving the employee experience.
- Ability to own and divide focus across a diverse set of responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- High EQ, exceptional communication skills, and a willingness to work cross-functionally to achieve team goals.
- Experience supporting HR operations for a global staff, distributed experience preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following HR tools preferred: BambooHR, Culture Amp, Lever
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!