Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
Playbooks started as an experiment to improve chat during incidents. Since then, it has iterated vigorously to become a pillar of Mattermost’s multi-product strategy and is used by our customers to carry out their most valuable workflows such as product release, cybersecurity response, and customer onboarding.
We are looking for a product manager that is particularly good at connecting the dots between user insights and big picture ideas, and then breaking it down into incremental deliverables that offer customer value and validate assumptions. You will be the go-to owner of a cross-functional team as well as represent the product to the rest of the company and community including sales, marketing, and leadership teams.
Did you know that the iPhone couldn’t copy and paste text until two years after its initial launch? Playbooks is currently at that stage. We’ve gotten great validation of its amazing potential but the inflection point is still ahead of us. If you want a front-row seat to go from early product-market fit to high growth, this is for you.
- Own the roadmap planning and execution for Playbooks to drive company-level outcomes
- Grow the adoption of Playbooks within Mattermost user base well as in the broader market
- Become the subject matter expert of the use cases and value propositions for each applicable industry vertical
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, and use it to shape product roadmap and team objectives
- Prioritize effectively maintaining a laser focus on high impact work that drives improvement on product KPIs
- Analyze data to determine if shipped features and experiments had the desired impact.
- Communicate product initiatives, strategy and output metrics, and updates across all stakeholders in the company as well as community
- Product management experience working on B2B SaaS or self-hosted products
- Excellent written communicator, with prior experience working in asynchronous environments
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where you are prepared to initiate and thrive in change
- Highly-detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to navigate complex challenges by aligning internal and external stakeholders on a common goal
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!