Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
Mattermost is seeking an experienced Public Sector Enterprise Senior Account Executive to develop, manage, and close business within target accounts, specifically focused on DoD. This critical role will manage the growth and expansion in our already thriving DoD business, while also finding and closing new agencies. Through value selling, leveraging partnership, and navigating the federal government budgeting cycles, you will be directly responsible for meeting or exceeding targets in this vertical.
- Prospecting and developing opportunities in target markets and accounts;
- Refining go-to-market strategy for the relevant resource in your territory such as PR agency, lobbyist and partners to drive success;
- Managing complex enterprise sales cycles with multiple engagement points in DevOps, IT, Developer, InfoSec and other lines of business;
- Selling to Executive, C-Level and High Command;
- Articulating and evangelizing the vision and positioning of Mattermost;
- Building a pipeline of new logos for your target accounts;
- Communicating with management and sales operations to ensure proper execution of sales process and methodology;
- Collaborating closely with sales leadership and being fluent with MEDPPICC principles of forecasting as well as value selling;
- Accurately forecasting business on a weekly basis;
- Partnering with your Customer Success Counterpart to ensure deliver of the customer experience, as well build new opportunities to expand our footprint within the account;
- Using a data-driven approach to growing and selling.
- Significant government sales and customer facing experience with DoD;
- 10+ years of successful quota attainment;
- Strong technical vocabulary and demonstrated experience selling a technical product;
- Ability to multitask and work at a high activity level;
- Ability to organize and work on complex projects with minimal supervision;
- Track record in developing and closing large, complex deals within the Federal government;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Driven to achieve goals and exceed results in a dynamic, emerging company environment;
- Demonstrated experience developing and working with channel partners;
- Experience creating and executing territory strategy and business plans;
- Experience in Open Source Software (preferred);
- Familiarity with DevOps and associated tools (preferred).
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!