Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
Mattermost is seeking a passionate data enthusiast to solve data analytics and engineering problems in the Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product and Engineering organizations. As a data-driven organization, Mattermost relies on our data team to drive marketing insights, ensure accurate data across systems, iterate on current key business metrics, and dive into complex datasets to answer business-critical questions.
In this role, you will work closely with the Finance, Marketing, Sales, Product and Engineering organizations to deeply understand customer trends, analyze marketing activities, product adoption, and sales results in order to surface insights that impact the health of the overall business. If you are data-obsessed, love connecting the dots, thrive in an iterative environment, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty, this is the role for you.
About Our Tools
● Tool Stack: Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, Clearbit, Rudderstack, Snowflake, dbt, airflow, Stitch, Hightouch, Looker, Google Sheets/Excel, etc.
● Coding Languages: SQL, Python, LookML
- Proactively identify data-related issues, investigate root causes, and drive them to resolution across Finance, Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering functional areas
- Participate in the development process for our Finance, Marketing, Sales, Product and Engineering analytics reporting. This includes meeting with internal customers to understand their needs, understanding the core data models, writing code to enrich and transform raw data to analytics data and designing and iterating dashboards
- Build and maintain models that will help the functional teams predict results and report on performance
- Work with the other Data Engineering team members to ensure relevant data is centralized into our data warehouse and modeled for performant analytics, while meeting our high-quality standards
- Be hands-on with monitoring tools, work with large data sets, and provide insights into our performance(e.g. Finance). This includes writing queries to access data, performing analysis, utilizing your technical expertise as well as a variety of internal tools and/or collaborating with other teams as needed
- Effectively communicate insights and make recommendations and decisions in line with business objectives
- Help project manage the end to end process to triage and resolve anomalies in various functional areas; this includes leading investigation efforts to identify root causes which may include changes in sales pipeline, product releases and/or system related issues
- Become an expert at maintaining a variety of internal data systems and automate and script repetitive tasks where needed
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in data analysis or analytics engineering
- Experience with schema design, data modeling and metadata management
- Experience applying Software Engineering best practices to data analytics including CI/CD, version control, etc.
- Experience with building and maintaining data pipelinesIn-depth knowledge of (at least) one data warehouse system
- Experience with building reports to various stakeholdersStrong SQL skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!