Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
Mattermost is a data-driven organization, and we are looking for a best-in-class Data Analytics Engineer to operate, maintain and enhance our internal self-service data warehouse. You will be responsible for managing our Snowflake data warehouse, building and maintaining ETL and data ingestion processes, and providing assistance to other teams within the company who input data into the warehouse and carry out analytics with the data it holds.
- Design, deploy, own and maintain best-in-class data infrastructure (Snowflake, Airflow, dbt, EKS, etc.)
- Manage the development and operation of high-volume data pipelines to enable the business to make data-driven decisions.
- Partner with the Analytics team to build data models that are actionable for the business
- Drive strategic and architectural decisions around the evolution of our data warehouse and pipelines.
- Write complex SQL queries and ETL pipelines.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that new products and features are instrumented to capture product usage data/telemetry
- Provide assistance to other teams within the company supplying data to the warehouse or consuming it for analytics.
- Design schemas and guide usage of the data warehouse to maintain it as a high quality source of insights.
- +7 years experience as a Data Engineer
- +3 years experience using Python
- Experience building and managing a data lake in an enterprise setting
- Experience applying Software Engineering best practices to Data Analytics, including CI/CD, version control, infrastructure as code, etc.
- Experience in Schema Design, Data Modelling and Metadata management
- Comfortable working with a variety of different tools and scripting languages and flexible in your choice of key technologies in the data analytics stack.
- Ability to work independently in a small, globally-distributed remote team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to work with engineers, data analysts and non-technical stakeholders across all departments of an organization.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Snowflake, Apache Airflow, dbt and Rudderstack.
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Looker.
- Experience working in open source communities.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!