The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Our global Accounting team manages full-cycle GL close including payroll accounting, accruals, fixed assets, prepaids, capitalized software implementation costs, etc. In this role, you'll manage a team and report directly to the Director of Record to Report.
What you'll do in this role
- Responsible for a timely and accurate month end close by approving various journal entries and account reconciliations of the financial statements.
- Approve the flux analysis for month end that summarizes and tells the "story" of the activity.
- Subject matter expert on a number of accounts of the close process which include accruals, payroll, fixed assets, prepaids, etc.
- Partnership skills with cross functional teams outside of the finance/accounting area (FP&A, People Ops, Payroll Ops, Sales Ops, etc).
- Responsible for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 key controls in the financial areas of responsibility, as applicable, and work with Internal Audit team to own key controls as necessary.
- Assist with preparation of annual external audits. Coordinate with external auditors as needed.
- Assist with business process improvements and the design of processes, procedures, and reporting enhancements to improve financial and operational accuracy.
- Drive the design and implementation of new policies and procedures related to audit requirements and business activities.
We're looking for
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Manager or similar leadership role.
- Public company accounting experience is required.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP principles and financial statements.
- Must have experience with Netsuite.
- Have or actively pursuing CPA is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and/or Google Docs and Sheets.
- Experience working with international subsidiaries.
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- You share our values, and are interested in working in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap . You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently for residents of listed locations only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Colorado/Washington pay range
California/New York/New Jersey pay range
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.