Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
100% Remote Colombia only
Sonatype has been at the forefront of crafting solutions to manage, organize, and better secure components since the inception of the Central Repository and Maven in 2001. Our mission is simple – to help the world build better software, even faster. This is done by providing unprecedented transparency combined with the guidance needed to make the best selections from the open-source ecosystem as early as possible and enabling teams to choose wisely from the beginning.
If you are interested in being a critical part of designing and delivering value across the world of software by helping companies create better and safer software faster, read on.
Who you are and what you’ll do:
- You are a software/dev-ops engineer with 5+ years proven experience who understands code quality and has a strong background in Java.
- Work with a stack that includes multiple Java web services, relational databases, and AWS cloud services.
- Be a critical part of designing and delivering the next generation of cloud-based software and services, complimenting Sonatype’s best-in-class supply chain and open-source software governance portfolio.
- Will be a part of an 24/7 on-call rotation that rotates in 1-week intervals among the members of your team.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams and product management.
What skills you'll need:
- Experience in software development and delivery.
- Experience in relational databases.
- Knowledge and experience with infrastructure as code (i.e. Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent).
- Knowledge and experience with cloud services (compute, networking, security, and scaling), database technologies, and web technologies (i.e. AWS)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative fields.
- Knowledge of multi-region or hybrid cloud architectures.
- Proven experience deploying to or managing Kubernetes clusters.
- Ability to work in a highly distributed environment, using modern collaboration tools to facilitate team communication.
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment.
Things we are proud of:
- 2022 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Leader Award: Sonatype earned Frost & Sullivan’s 2022 Global Technology Innovation Leadership Award in Development and Operations (DevOps) Security.
- NVTC 2022 Cyber Company of the Year: Sonatype was named Commercial Cyber Company of the Year and a Capital Cyber Award-winner by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC)
- 2022 Annual Peer Award: Sonatype’s Nexus Lifecycle won a PeerSpot Silver Peer Award as a leading Enterprise Technology solution in the Software Composition Analysis category.
- 2022 Best in Biz Award: Sonatype CEO Wayne Jackson was recognized as a Silver Winner in the Best in Biz Awards' Executive of the Year category.
- Tech Ascension Awards: Sonatype was named the Best DevOps Security Solution for Nexus Lifecycle and Nexus Firewall (Software Composition Analysis).
- BuiltIn Best Places to Work: Sonatype was named to the Washington DC 100 Best Places to Work list and Washington DC Best Midsize Places to Work list.
- Company Wellness Week - We shut down company operations for a week to enable all employees to spend time pursuing personal growth and enjoying a much-needed and deserved rest.
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.