Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
We are a dynamic and fast-growing global software company with over 450 employees. We are truly international, selling into North America, Europe, Asia and Australia with significant success. We have been pioneers of modern software development practices and have been experiencing hyper growth for the past 3 years.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to support South-East Asia to fuel the growth by driving demand and supporting Sonatype’s rapidly expanding sales team.
Are you a motivated marketing professional looking to implement regional marketing programs? This could be the position for you!
The International Marketing team is made up of a variety of roles: demand generation, marketing operations, partner and field marketing. This role will be an integral part of this team, initiating and completing regional and global programs for pipeline generation. This position is responsible for demand generation across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia, supporting 3 sales people. Key responsibilities include planning, development and execution of campaigns, events and joint-partner activities. The ideal candidate will be a self starter, with experience in Technology B2B marketing across demand generation programs and event management.
- Define the regional marketing plan that aligns with territory budget, goals and objectives
- Report on and present to senior executives core program and regional metrics that include (not limited to): number of MQLs, sourced/influenced pipeline generation, prior year growth and quarterly goals
- Manage regional marketing budget
- Plan and host online and offline events to create net-new pipeline, accelerate existing sales opportunities and deepen our existing customer relationships
- Plan, lead and execute end to end campaigns - both directly, and in collaboration with partners
- Consistent and clear communication cadences with the sales organisation and key partners to better align field and partner marketing programs to sales goals
- Work with the marketing operations team to build landing pages (for events, webinars, eBooks, etc.), and send automated and personalised emails
- Work cross-functionally across all departments of the marketing organisation in the US and Internationally
- 3+ years of related marketing experience, across field or partner lead generation
- Fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin, with a clear and confident communication style
- Proven experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritising, and implementing strategy
- Experience partnering with an enterprise sales team
- Highly organised and proficient at leading multiple projects at the same time
- Strong interpersonal skills – written and oral
- Experience using sales and marketing technologies such as Salesforce and Hubspot
- Able and willing to travel when required
- Work well in a constantly evolving environment
- Metric driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data
What we are proud of:
- What we are proud of: 2022 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Leader Award: Sonatype earned Frost & Sullivan’s 2022 Global Technology Innovation Leadership Award in Development and Operations (DevOps) Security.
- NVTC 2022 Cyber Company of the Year: Sonatype was named Commercial Cyber Company of the Year and a Capital Cyber Award-winner by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC)
- 2022 Annual Peer Award: Sonatype’s Nexus Lifecycle won a PeerSpot Silver Peer Award as a leading Enterprise Technology solution in the Software Composition Analysis category.
- 2022 Best in Biz Award: Sonatype CEO Wayne Jackson was recognized as a Silver Winner in the Best in Biz Awards' Executive of the Year category.
- Tech Ascension Awards: Sonatype was named the Best DevOps Security Solution for Nexus Lifecycle and Nexus Firewall (Software Composition Analysis).
- BuiltIn Best Places to Work: Sonatype was named to the Washington DC 100 Best Places to Work list and Washington DC Best Midsize Places to Work list.
- Company Wellness Week - We shut down company operations for a week to enable all employees to spend time pursuing personal growth and enjoying much needed and deserved rest.
- Diversity & Inclusion Working GroupsParental Leave PolicyPaid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
Our philosophy is to develop our people and promote from within.
Successful candidates can expect accelerated career progression into Senior Marketing roles.
15 days annual leave, PLUS an additional 5 days leave this July for a company wide ‘wellness week’ shut down
The opportunity to travel throughout South East Asia for marketing events
Choice of PC or Mac to work onEmployee referral bonus
Allocations for continuous learning and development
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.