Acquia Cloud Edge Team - Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote, India
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report and rated a leader by the analyst community. Acquia’s India office is a Great Place to Work certified organization. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional professionals who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers effortlessly to scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
Acquia’s products run 100% on Amazon Web Services using EC2, CloudFormation, and various other technologies and best practices. Since each product is built and maintained by its own engineering team, the ideal candidate for this position would need to be proactive in familiarizing themselves with those services and have the ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams.
- Participate in designing and implementing solutions for modernizing Acquia infrastructure and drive adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud-Native Technologies
- Design and implement end-to-end container management solution with Kubernetes, Docker
- Design and develop Go based Kubernetes operators using the kube-builder SDK
- Set up Kubernetes as a platform with enterprise-level reliability, availability, scalability and performance requirements
- Support engineering teams to design and implement application prototypes, using modern application development practices and open source emerging technologies, covering domains like microservices, API management, web-scale architectures
- Debug technical issues inside a very deep and complex technical stack involving containers, microservices, AWS services across the different layers of a web stack (Edge, Data, etc.)
- Contribute as part of a larger team to maintain a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a primary focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- Evaluate new technologies and provide a recommendation to management including planning and execution of proof of concept activities.
- 2-3 years of experience in design and Software Development Background and over 1-2 years of experience in working with Containers and Cloud-Native Development
- Proficient with Kubernetes/Swarm architecture with hands-on production experience with container technologies and the tools and challenges around them
- Experience in developing applications using programming languages such as Go, Python, PHP, Ruby and shell scripting
- Proficient with object oriented programming and Software design patterns
- Proficient with service discovery, networking in Kubernetes or equivalent, monitoring, logging, scheduling
- Experience in container architecture, docker engine, runtime, container orchestration, and microservice patterns
- Experience working with AWS services such as - EC2, EBS, ALB, ECS, EKS, VPC, S3
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins (preferred), Bamboo, Gitlab
- Experience working with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet and Cloudformation
- Experience operating with TCP/IP, load balancing, security and operating production environments
- Strong Knowledge on the network layers, varnish and nginx
- Experience with distributed System Management/tracking and monitoring such as ELK Stack, Prometheus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team collaboration and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Agile processes (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
Good to have: Experience working with
- helm- package manager
- signal-fx agent
- spot-termination handler
- Prometheus and Grafana
- BS in Computer Science (preferred), or a comparable field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Certification in AWS would be a plus
- CKA Professional certification would be plus
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.