Supabase is an Open Source and fully remote company building developer tools for databases.
Social Media and Community are two of the main growth engines for Supabase. We are seeking someone that lives and breathes Social Media and Community to grab the reins of our social media presence and continue growing our community. You will have the chance to do great creative work and tap into our huge and effervescent community.
This role will mainly interact with DevRel, Engineering, and Marketing, but will have company-wide visibility and impact.
- Own the Social Media Calendar and create highly engaging content for developers in different formats across our social media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube. And we really want to get into Instagram and TikTok.
- Own Social and overall Brand Listening. You will engage in conversations, identify and activate advocates, and spot great user-generated content that we can leverage.
- Use and improve the distribution process to amplify and repurpose owned and earned content.
- Use your research skills to identify new topics we can create content about and share it with the appropriate team.
- Analyze and report on our social media and community performance, suggesting improvements to increase audience growth, reach, and engagement.
- Work with the Chief Meme Officer to share memes that make developers cry tears of joy 😂
- Overseeing the social media management processes by improving our workflows and tooling, developing resources, and enabling contributors across the business.
- Experienced in growing Social Media and Community for a DevTools company. You know how developers think, communicate, and how to engage with them.
- Used to work with Engineers and DevRel teams and help them embrace marketing, improve their social media activity, and amplify their work.
- A very creative person who uses storytelling and empathy to create brand campaigns that engage and delight developers.
- Comfy with visual tools (Canva, Figma, Adobe Suite). We're not looking for designer, but we want you to make memes/visual for social
- Strong understanding of the developer world, programming languages, databases, and developer tools.
- 100% remote work from anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits. Supabase covers 100% of the cost for employees and 80% for dependents
- Generous Tech Allowance for any office setup you need
- Annual Education Allowance
- Annually run off-sites.
BUILD IN A WEEKEND. SCALE TO BILLIONS
Supabase adds auth, realtime, and restful APIs to Postgres without a single line of code.
Each project within Supabase is an isolated Postgres cluster, allowing customers to scale independently, while still providing the features that you need to build: instant database setup, auth, row level security, realtime data streams, auto-generating APIs, and a simple to use web interface.
We are a fully remote company.
About the team
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer.
- are all 1:1.
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call.
- go directly to making an offer.