What is Grafana Cloud?
Grafana Cloud is our composable observability platform that integrates metrics, logs, and traces with Grafana. It allows our customers to leverage the best open source observability software – including Prometheus, Mimir, Loki, and Tempo – without the overhead of installing, maintaining, and scaling their own observability stack.
The App Observability squad is focused on making data intake into Grafana easier by providing web app instrumentations and prebuilt dashboards and alerts for common use cases. We want customers to easily and reliably monitor all of their servers and applications with Grafana Cloud.
As a company we are remote-first and global, we embrace people of different experiences and backgrounds to build diverse teams where every person brings a new perspective to the software. We are looking for a Frontend Engineer who is passionate about communicating with data and providing seamless experiences for our customers to join our growing team! Our stack is Typescript + React (interacting with backends written in Golang), but we build tools for people using many other stacks. Frontend Engineers at Grafana also have the opportunity to contribute to Open Source communities.
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key.
- For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. We operate by consensus. You can contribute to a discussion, disagree constructively, and commit to the team’s decision. You are able to communicate design decisions clearly in written and spoken English.
- You have at least a couple of years of experience as a Frontend developer. We are a small team, working remotely, on a product that will be used by engineers all over the world – the ability to work on your own is crucial.
- You have a good understanding of a software development process that takes a user-centered approach. You easily build an understanding of the users’ context and goals which will help you build the right solution with the maximum value.
- You know how to transform ideas into working code – you are able to design a solution, get feedback, and write a prototype by yourself.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and who care deeply about their workflows. You value code maintainability, readability & automation.
- You are able to troubleshoot modern web application issues and work with profilers, debuggers, bundlers, and testing libraries.
- Familiarity with Prometheus, Graphite, InfluxDB, OpenTelemetry or Elasticsearch is also an advantage.
What you'll be doing
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be working on visualizations for enterprise application developers who are managing their applications at runtime, and observability tools targeted for other frontend developers . You could also be contributing to one of our open-source projects.
- Collaborate with Product, UX, and graphic designers to turn their designs into great user experiences.
- Implement visual designs using clean, reusable components.
- Collaborate with software engineers from other areas to create cutting-edge of software development
- Expand and improve our core libraries that other teams and the plugin ecosystem depend on. (Examples: Page layouts, menus, drawer, plugin build tools.)
Technologies you'll work with
Nice to have technologies
- Emotion & Sass
- Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress
- Golang experience
- (App) Observability platform(s)
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.