The Renewals Specialist is responsible for the transactional details of renewing our current customer base. The Customer Success team provides value for customers throughout the customer lifecycle with the charter of retaining and growing our customer base. At the end of the contract, the renewals team processes the renewals for these customers.
You will be primarily responsible for tracking and processing renewals. You are the conduit between the customer and our account team on all things renewal related, partnering with the CSM to execute on their strategy. Primary metrics for this role are proportion of on-time renewals and term length increased.
You’ll have the opportunity to drive millions of dollars of impact in a relatively new function for Grafana Labs. You will be a critical team member to help shape the future of what renewals look like at Grafana.
- Be a key business partner to the Customer Success team, enthusiastically renewing our existing customer accounts, which could also include upgrading them to new pricing
- Manage a 2 quarter out renewal pipeline, partnering closely with the account team and providing a seamless experience to our customers
- Self-motivated to overachieve on weekly, monthly and quarterly targets (activity, renewal attainment).
- Work with the customer success scale team to develop pre-emptive campaigns as you notice commonalities in churn requests
- Collaborate with the account teams to develop and execute renewals strategy, improve product adoption, and address churn risk in the business
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, empathy, curiosity
- Work with the team to enhance customer documentation and create internal enablement material
- 2+ years of experience owning renewals or in a Customer Success role which influences the renewals process
- Solid business knowledge - curious and keen to learn
- Strong numeracy skills
- We’re a startup so your job duties will be varied, complex, and will require strong judgment, collaboration, and leadership
- We are a remote first company so you should be comfortable and skilled at working remotely with an international team
- You will need first class written and verbal communication skills both to collaborate with a broad range our remote-first internal teams and with our worldwide customers
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $80,000 - $97,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.