Senior Software Engineer,
Location: Remote, India
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Customer Experience Engineering team at Acquia is responsible for the Acquia Cloud API, UI and other associated services, including authentication, profile management, and entitlements.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will…
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with front and back-end engineers, product managers and product owners.
- Develop performant world-class modern APIs and delightful Customer-facing UIs.
- Design and develop performant, object-oriented applications and APIs using PHP or Go.
- Contribute to system architecture discussions, lead projects, mentor junior team members, and deliver high quality, tested code.
- Create automated tests.
- Collaborate with your team members to review their work and have your work reviewed in turn.
- Work with other teams in deciding on and developing integrations with other subsystems.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product team.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including planning, development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Design and develop unit and system tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for public and internal use.
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work in a team environment where your team owns and operates the services you build.
- Develop and review user interfaces using custom Angular/React components.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Use sound rationale for problem identification and decision making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team.
- Want to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only your team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strive to consistently achieve excellence not only for yourself, but for your teammates.
- Are passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software that provides direct value to customers.
- Enjoy refactoring code as you strive for continuous improvement.
- Enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Have a passion for User Experience.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 5-7+ years of experience with PHP (Show us your GitHub profile)
- Experience in writing unit tests and system tests.
- Experience with modern CI/CD tooling
- Have familiarity with design patterns; writing clean, maintainable code.
- Experience working in Agile and continuous delivery environments.
- Familiarity with container-based application deployment using Docker or similar runtimes and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
- Have hands-on experience building and operating large and complex user interfaces.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially transforming product requirements into development plans.
Extra credit if you…
- Experience with Design by Contract, Domain-Driven Design and CQRS (Nice to have)
- Experience with additional programming languages, especially Go.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Have experience with Drupal development, or another PHP framework.
- Experience with various AWS services (SQS, EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation, Kinesis, RDS and API Gateway)
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.